Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about shipping? PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

Does any one pay for shipping on line, then print it out to mail packages? It looks like it will be cheaper to do it that way, although since my only scale is our bathroom scale, which has always been pretty accurate when I has used it to estimate shipping, but I would still judge the weight a little higher. I have never done it before and am nervous to. Just looking for some advice on it. If I can do it, it would be cheaper

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM
I do when I sell something on eBay.
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:18 PM
I know my niece does.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: I do when I sell something on eBay.

I did print it online today. It was pretty simple. I did judge the weight a little high though since I am using my bathroom scale

TheScaryOne
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:46 PM

I've done this quite a bit before, used to sell stuff on eBay.  Still mail stuff to my family in other states so I do still print labels a few times a year.  USPS gives a decent discount for doing this and in my neighborhood I can schedule for them to pick up the package as well.  I do have a specific scale for shipping that I bought from eBay awhile back.  I also use the flat rate priority boxes a lot of times to save money.  If the package is larger I do use the bathroom scale.  And I always round up the ounces to the next half pound just to be safe.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:31 PM

i have a coworker that sells allot on ebay & does all the postage from home.  she's never had an issue with it.

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:57 PM
I always round up so that way I am still correct once I add more tape.
I would highly suggest getting scales.
I got Weigh Max scales that weigh up to 75 lbs. in 2006 and they still work great.

Quoting othermom:

I did print it online today. It was pretty simple. I did judge the weight a little high though since I am using my bathroom scale

Supervane
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:58 PM
I always ship from home. I have scale I use it'saactually a food scale, very accurate.
othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I will have to look for one

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: I always round up so that way I am still correct once I add more tape. I would highly suggest getting scales. I got Weigh Max scales that weigh up to 75 lbs. in 2006 and they still work great.
Quoting othermom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN