Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Sears and Kmart expected to close.

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM
  • 67 Replies
I read on CNN Money that ultimately, all Sears and Kmart will eventually close. It stated that since Sears bought Kmart in 2005, they have been on a downward spiral.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/15/news/companies/sears-store-closings/
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

that is sad, we always shopped there, both places

virginiamama71
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I have not shopped in Kmart and Sears in years.

kirstensmommie
by Joy on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I believe it. Our sears and Kmart don't do much business.
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Our Kmart already closed. Or Sears doesn't do much business.

Quoting kirstensmommie: I believe it. Our sears and Kmart don't do much business.
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Too bad. I like Sears and Kmart.
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:33 AM
I'm not surprised. Department stores like Sears are becoming a thing of the past and every Kmart I've ever been in has been dirty, disorganized, over priced, and an unpleasant experience. If other stores are operating like those ones, it's not a shock they'd be driving customers away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Have not been in either stores for years, we are getting in my area a sears home applicance showroom.

Tigress22304
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:53 AM

that's a shame. We have a local sears we always go to.The local Kmart....I'm surprised that's still in business actually. Our local store is overpriced,dirty,the staff isn't reliable or knowledgeable.

The town it's in just had a college expand-so all the local businesses are booming except for that one store.

virginiamama71
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:54 AM

The Kmart near my job closed over 10 years ago. It was a mess. They could not keep employees and the ones they had were not helpful. Also every summer they always had an issue with the AC.

Quoting beadingmom17: I'm not surprised. Department stores like Sears are becoming a thing of the past and every Kmart I've ever been in has been dirty, disorganized, over priced, and an unpleasant experience. If other stores are operating like those ones, it's not a shock they'd be driving customers away.

bec94
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
The kmart closed by me 2 years ago, and the sears closed in March. Sears really disappointed me, I would find cute clothes for my dd's and we usually purchased our appliances there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN