Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All Sears and Kmart expected to close.

Posted by   + Show Post
I read on CNN Money that ultimately, all Sears and Kmart will eventually close. It stated that since Sears bought Kmart in 2005, they have been on a downward spiral.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/15/news/companies/sears-store-closings/
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM
Replies (61-67):
liveforever
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:53 PM
I believe it. Sears has been horrible for awhile now. My parents a had a Kenmore fridge and the motor in the freezer caught fire. Thankfully they were home and the only thing damaged was the fridge. They had an electrician come out to make sure it wasn't the wiring or anything. They called to report it, not seek money, but let them know and have it on file in case it happened to others. They were completely blown off.

As for Kmart, I got a couple of their influencers and not only had trouble finding things to spend the money on, but the store was gross and the employees were rude.
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:16 AM

they should be like amazon and go with online stuff....i have shopped both stores in the past but not near a K Mart right now and Sears is in the next town but I enjoy shopping there

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:18 AM

this is really terrible..sorry you had to deal with all that

Quoting Sportbominable:

I totally believe this. Kmart online ordering sucks! It took weeks for them to correct the issue that they blamed me for. I ordered a bunch of bedding, 4 mattresses and 2 sets of bunk beds and the whole system screwed it up. Then I talked to live people who somehow ordered 16 mattresses and sent the rest of the stuff to a Kmart in Georgia (I live in PA) Then it took 5 different people to correct the problem. One lady accused me of ordering all that stuff. I was also charged for all that stuff and they would not refund it right away and couldn't even find some of it in the system. They are a terrible company!

Come check out  Serious Coupon Swappers for swapping, friendship and learn about the many ways to make money online or using apps!.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Aug. 22, 2014 at 12:21 AM

i was about to order a sears card from a rewards site I use but think I will change that

Quoting lwhill: Crap - I just got a Sears card!

Come check out  Serious Coupon Swappers for swapping, friendship and learn about the many ways to make money online or using apps!.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/seriouscouponswappers

letstalk747
by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:00 AM

whoa

grandmotherof6
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I am very sorry to hear that, I like k-mart because you can put stuff on lay-a-way year round

grandmotherof6
by Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I usually buy all my appliace from Sears ( Kenmore ), because they last a very long time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)