Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YOU backed into ME!

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM
  • 12 Replies
We were leaving karate last night and I put the suburban in reverse and started to back out. I saw a car behind me put on its reverse lights so I stopped backing to see what she would do. Well she started backing up right toward me. So I kept my foot on the brake and went to either honk or put it in drive and get back in the spot, but before I could react she bumped into me!

The thing that irritates me is she probably thinks we backed into each other. She was out farther (because I stopped when I saw her start to move) so she thinks *I* am the one at fault. I could tell from her body language when she got out and said something to one of the other karate families. Then she looked at her car and said to me "there's no damage," no apology. Why would I care if her car was damaged? I wasn't moving when she hit me!
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:00 PM
There was no damage on my vehicle either, it really was a soft bump. I'm just annoyed because SHE was the one who wasn't paying attention but she's blaming it on me to other people. I see these people 2-3 times a week!
jackiewal10
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM

How fast was she backing up that you didn't have time to pull back in?  Or at least take your car out of gear?  When I'm in that situation, I let the other person go first and I make sure my car is not in reverse.  That way, if anyone else sees, they can confirm that my car was not moving backward.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:34 PM
I think I froze, I remember yelling stop stop STOP! But I couldn't move. It was probably two seconds.

Quoting jackiewal10:

How fast was she backing up that you didn't have time to pull back in?  Or at least take your car out of gear?  When I'm in that situation, I let the other person go first and I make sure my car is not in reverse.  That way, if anyone else sees, they can confirm that my car was not moving backward.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Wow , Sorry.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Glad there wasn't any damage.  It sounds obvious to me that she wasn't paying any attention.  

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Oh wow. I'm sorry. Glad it was a tap though and no damage.
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Aug. 7, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I think most people don't pay attention to what goes on around them. It's very lame.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 8, 2014 at 6:18 AM

Sorry that happened to you.

Beachdeprived
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM

That stinks... glad there wasn't damage but sorry you now have to see this person every week and she couldn't even sorry! Boy this is where the back up cameras come in handy...especially with the big SUV's like yours. I know mine beeps like crazy if I am anywhere close to coming in contact with something or someone. I probably would have froze too thinking that surely she saw you.

powow65
by kimmy on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Smfh. Some people are just @$$Holes!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN