Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you throw birthday parties for your kids?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM
  • 23 Replies

Who do you invite? Do you go all out?

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Yes. Mostly family and friends since the kids aren't in school yet. No I don't. We normally have a lunch and then visit for a few hours and call it good. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:27 PM

yes &no.  my oldest, who will be 11 on the 22nd has had several birthday parties.  i don't go over board, they're simple fun parties for her & her friends.  she didn't have one last year, opting instead to go on our first family vaction to the beach.  this year she just wants to take one or two friends to see the new turtle movie. 

my son, who just turned 7 on the 2nd, however has never had a birthday party.  not because i'm one of those moms that favors one child over another (& we know they do exist) but because up until last year he's never really had any friends to invite to parties.  all my friends have children around my daughters age & he didn't make any friends in daycare or pre-k that we'd invite to a party.  last summer he could have had a party with the couple of friends he has but like i said the kids decided they'd rather have a beach vacation over birthday parties.  this year, like his sister, he wants to invite a friend or two to go see the turtle movie.  after the movie i plan on taking the kids out for pizza. 

my kids don't need theme parties with tons of decor, lots of guests & food.  they are happy with taking some friends to the park, having pizza & a cookie cake.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM

oh, forgot that they had a big family party when we went to visit family in ohio.  since my family up there doesn't see them much & their birthday's were coming up we had a big family party at my brothers house (his birthday weekend).  while everyone thought of it as a birthday party for my kids i thought of it as a birthday party for everyone since we never get to celebrate anyones birthday.  i even had the bakery write "happy birthday everyone!" on the cookie cake.

cafay
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 3:48 PM

I do have family birthday parties for my son. But every time I have tried to have children come, very few do because his birthday is Dec. 19. I feel horrible and we have considered giving him a half birthday-in June perhaps but this year we were so busy! Now that he is in school perhaps I will have 1-3 children for a party,but I don't think we will go all out.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Yes. Mostly family and friends.

bornstar
by New Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't throw birthday parties.  Instead, we let the kid pick whatever for dinner, have a cake and open presents.  There are far too many nieces/nephews in our family to party at every one. This is an agreement between me and my 4 siblings.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM
We do. DD gets 8-10 friends usually and we do a decent shindig. Last year my kids did a joint party because my parents were in town and wanted to be a part of it.
lapcounter
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM
We have themed parties every year and we invite their close friends and family only.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 8:45 PM

we have small family parties

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Yes and we usually do something small with family, friends and some of his classmates but other time we don't do anything expect go out on there brithday and let them pick out something special and dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN