Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids of the same gender

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:30 PM
  • 17 Replies
I totally never realized until tonight that I tend to dress my boys differently. I was at Crazy8's and saw a jacket I loved and was like I totally want that for ds6. It didn't even cross my mind for ds9. Then Looking online I saw a jacket from ps for DS 9, I can see each boy rocking the jackets, but not switching.
We bought a fedora for DS9's school program and he hated it, we were going to return it and his brother protested and now wears it.
Today we went for hair cuts ds6 wears his hair longer in a shaggy surfer cut (or lack there of), DS 9 has his hair short in a faux hawk cut.

It has never crossed my mind that I tend to dress ds9 in more of a sporty prep type and ds9 has more of the cute all American surfer boy I guess, lol.
For the most part they wear shorts and tshirts right now.
Do you realize you dress your kids differently. (Prior to the age of their input).
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:33 PM
A little, my younger ones get hand me downs from the older one(s) but I noticed certain outfits I used more on one kid than the other.
I don't really have a "style" for each kid though..
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I am more preppy with my oldest son Damien .
My son Hunter is a bit more stylish he's definitely a pretty boy.
suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Thats exactly how my boys are. My husband always say our younger son will get all the girls, lol.

Quoting DACIA79: I am more preppy with my oldest son Damien . My son Hunter is a bit more stylish he's definitely a pretty boy.

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My younger son gets the hand me downs too, but Ds9 tends to keep his clothes for a long time because he's growing so slowly. Shirts stay with him a lot longer.

Quoting kmencl3210: A little, my younger ones get hand me downs from the older one(s) but I noticed certain outfits I used more on one kid than the other. I don't really have a "style" for each kid though..

kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 12:11 AM
My oldest is 6. When he was little he was a slow grower now he doesn't stop Lol. Hes grown 4 inches in a year. My youngest 2 and 3 and 16 months and theyve tended to stay the same size for a while too. Especially 6-9 month clothes... Seems like they both fit in them forever Lol (youngest still fit in them actually, but he hasn't grown in 6 months)

Quoting suroundedbyboys:

My younger son gets the hand me downs too, but Ds9 tends to keep his clothes for a long time because he's growing so slowly. Shirts stay with him a lot longer.

Quoting kmencl3210: A little, my younger ones get hand me downs from the older one(s) but I noticed certain outfits I used more on one kid than the other.
I don't really have a "style" for each kid though..

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM

My younger kids get their siblings hand me downs

exhaustedmother
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:19 AM

I haven't really noticed- I supposed I dressed them differently when they were younger but to be honest never really paid attention. Now that they are older and dress themselves they each have their own unique style. 

ambcortez
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 1:26 AM

I've got a boy and a girl and on their matchy days, it's usually both in a solid-colored shirt or their pajamas are identical but in different colors. My mom shops for them at Gymboree, so they usually have themed clothing. The kids like to match with themes: underwater, dinosaur, etc.

Otherwise, DD is very frilly with skirts and headbands while DS likes jeans and t-shirts.

I think if they were the same gender, it would be the same. Sometimes matching, most of the time their own styles.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Aug. 10, 2014 at 8:14 AM
Not really. They both fell into their own styles at about age 6. Maybe I did though and didn't realize.
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Our boys have had opinions about how they want to be dressed since about age 2.  Even with hand me downs they have distinct styles that we have always respected

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN