Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

crappy food at daycare

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

Okay, so, just in the last couple weeks I've been made aware of some junk food being given to kiddos at my daycare that my skids and my baby go to part time. One of the ladies commented on the youngest skid as " probably still running crazy from the Mountain Dew!".....um, what?!? Then, upon picking them up I inquired as to what they did, which is always answered now with what they ate lol :) "we had pop tarts for snack" was the first thing said....yikes...starch and sugar...mmm
Then last week I noticed a little one, no more than 2 yrs old being offered a fun size candy bar as a snack...?!?!
I'm glad my baby is just on formula but I care about what the skids are consuming too. I can see treats once in awhile but....I dunno...would you leave it alone or would you say something??

***UPDATE:

Not really an "update" update...just wanted to say thanks for all the responses...I think I will say something....kicker part here that I failed to mention previously is that this is a licensed in home daycare so they do have people come in every so often to check things out, AND the gal who runs it with her mother is an old friend/former H.S. girlfriend of my dh....yeah, awkward :) ha :)

anyway, thanks again for all your input! have a great day!

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themaurer7
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM
I would probably say something. I would not be ok with them eating crap everyday.
suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Definitely not okay, I would speak with the director.
choaspartyof4
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Not ok at all! I'd be saying something

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Not soda and candy everyday that's too young I would say something

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Aug. 13, 2014 at 3:54 PM
I'd have a problem with that, for sure.
BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:42 PM
I would say something or start bringing lunch from home.
heydooney
by Danielle :) on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Are they licensed? My mom ran a daycare and had to write down everything she gave the kids and they had to follow certain guidelines.
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I run a daycare and this is not ok.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:56 PM

I would say something

anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM

"In home" daycares (babysitters) can give whatever they want because there is no restrictions or laws.  They are probably going to give cheap stuff to keep costs down.  I would find a licensed day care center where they have regular inspections and have nutrition rules.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN