Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate the news

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:40 PM
  • 16 Replies
Yet, in my free time I notice I'm reading cnn. It's depressing and scary everything going on in the world. I am thankful to live in the US, but reading everything that happens else where is nerve wracking.
I just read an article about an American journalist who was beheaded by ISIS. I feel so bad for people in the other countries who are living and raising children in such horrible conflict.
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tlynn28
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM
Me too. It's sad and I'm always worried that these problems will occur here too.
imyourPuppy
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM
I don't watch or read news anymore. I'm so much happier. Plus I don't believe half of the stuff they are reporting.
VintageWife
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I'm picky about where I get my news from and I don't watch it on tv. I don't want my kids seeing half that stuff while they're so young. I read it online or in the newspaper. I prefer it that way. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:30 AM

I know!! I always find myself reading it or watching it on tv.

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:33 AM

i stopped watching the news so much, it is terribly depressing.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:43 AM

I don't watch the news anymore.  It's all over dramatized.  Yes bad things happen, I chose not to focus on them...especially when there's absolutely nothing that can be done. 

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:45 AM
We don't talk about it either with the kids. Always just read cnn and huffington post on my phone.

Quoting VintageWife:

I'm picky about where I get my news from and I don't watch it on tv. I don't want my kids seeing half that stuff while they're so young. I read it online or in the newspaper. I prefer it that way. 

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Even when I'm not watching the news stuff pops up in my newsfeed on fb. I have a cousin who is always posting stories about people who abuse their children. She can't have children and she gets so upset that people who have children and do such horrible things. This morning she posted an article about a woman and her boyfriend who sexually abused her daughters. It was horrible, the judge called the woman a veil b*tch.

Quoting lyrick24:

i stopped watching the news so much, it is terribly depressing.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 2:35 PM
I know, it's always bad...
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:36 PM

I agree it is so hard to read.  It breaks my heart to hear about what happened to this journalist.  I cannot imagine the horror of his last days and his poor family. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)