Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son was in a car accident today.. well he was not physically driving a car, hes only 13. He was with my friend, her boyfriend, 2 of her kids, and another friends son. they were stopped at a light when a guy didnt stop and rear ended them and then pushed them into someone else. Every one is ok, including my son. His neck is sore. My other friends son is going to have a black eye since he hit a plastic handle on the back of one of the seats. We sat at the hospital for 3 hours, and over 2 of that was in the darn waiting room.

by on Aug. 21, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Replies (11-19):
Kathy112761
by Kathy on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Alicia, Big Hugs to you my friend. That is so scary to get that call, "There been an accident". I'm so glad he wasn't hurt seriously.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM

thank you Kathy. I knew he was ok on my way there, but still nerve racking to say the least. Espeically since my little cousin, about 12 years ago was killed in a car accident.

Quoting Kathy112761:

Alicia, Big Hugs to you my friend. That is so scary to get that call, "There been an accident". I'm so glad he wasn't hurt seriously.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Christiana hospital in Delaware is a good hospital, but the ER is ridiculous.. You wait forever. If my kids have to go, I will take them to an urgent care center first. Or they built another Christiana ER in Middletown (which is about 20 minutes from me, I will take them there too, They dont see the volum its mother hospital does.

Quoting momofnatalie:

I'm so glad he is ok.  I can't believe they made you wait that long in the waiting room. 

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 3:45 AM

im glad it wasnt serious and everyone is  fine.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! Glad everyone is ok though.
exhaustedmother
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Glad everyone is ok-that is scary!

MrsBx
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I was in a head-on collision when I was 23. It was the scariest thing! However, I didn't stop driving as I wasn't about to give up my freedom of movement. I'm so glad no one was in the car with me at the time. I understand your son's angst. Maybe it would help to discuss various scenarios (what could have been done to prevent the accident, if anything). Most importantly, he should learn to give thanks to the universe (or the powers that be, like angels, etc) that he survived the ordeal.  When he gets to the age of driving, enroll him in driver's ed classes through his school, which will teach him how to be a responsbile and defensive driver.  Not all accidents are preventable (like the deer or dog who darts out into the street) but keeping calm and level-headed when something does happen will be invaluable.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:45 PM

aww poor guy!  glad there were no serious injuries.

even if he seems fine definitely keep an eye on him.  i've been in enough accidents in my life, non my fault, to know that injuries can creep up on you & linger.  i still have issues from an accident i was in christmas eve of '95.  i too was stopped, waiting to make a left turn into my driveway when i was rearended by an old guy, over 90, who the police estimated by my skid marks, was going over 50 in a 35 zone.  i had to be cut out of my car & spent christmas eve in the hospital.

Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Glad he's OK!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN