Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I found a new yummy chip! Update 1

Posted by   + Show Post

Well it's new for me.  I don't know how long they have been on the market.  I have never seen them before but we are traveling and stopped at a grocery store.  We normally shop at the commissary on post so they don't always have the new stuff.  We don't really even have many grocery stores in the city to begin with but when we go to one it feels like a field trip, LOL!!!

They are really delicious imo.  I tried Plentils but didn't care for those chips.  We did also get this brand made with black beans but I'm not sure I'm going to like them as much as this kind made of Quinoa.

Have you tried them?

Posted this in my group:

Way Better Snacks
(Simply sprouted)

Remember I can have sprouted grains and such. 
Sprouted: Golden Flax, Chia Seed, Quinoa, Radish & Broccoli seed. 

They are gluten-free and are non gmo project verified if that matters to anyone.

We got the Sweet Chili flavor.

Update 1:
2nd bag: These are pretzels and they aren't bad either.  The only thing that I don't like is that a serving size is only 3 of them, LOL!!!

by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 12:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 4, 2014 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

You remember =)

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh!  You are the one on th GAPS diet, right?  That means you can't have any grains and such, right?

Quoting Juniper53098:

No.  We can't eat quinoa.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 4, 2014 at 11:59 PM

LOL!!!  I try to remember everything but certain things stick out if I took the time to research it even if it was just for 5mins.
I was thinking I remembered it was you, lol ;)  

How is that diet going for your overall health so far?  I tried a carb free diet but my body is resistant to it now so I tried another and have kept 6-7lbs off but I need another 10lbs more but I'm stuck.  Feel free to PM me ;) 

Quoting Juniper53098:

You remember =)

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh!  You are the one on th GAPS diet, right?  That means you can't have any grains and such, right?

Quoting Juniper53098:

Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 5, 2014 at 6:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been on it for almost 2 years.  I lost 26 lb initially, but more impressive was that took me from a size 12 to a size 4.  My cholessterol numbers dropped dramaticly, especially triglycerides.  I feel great.  I have gained 10 lb back, but have not gone up a size.

We actually did this diet to help my son with Asperger Syndrome.  He had chronic constipation and lots of behavioral issues.  He had now pooped almost every day since May 1.  He no longer has meltdowns.  He feels good for the 1st time in his life.

Quoting taKENheart:

LOL!!!  I try to remember everything but certain things stick out if I took the time to research it even if it was just for 5mins.I was thinking I remembered it was you, lol ;)  How is that diet going for your overall health so far?  I tried a carb free diet but my body is resistant to it now so I tried another and have kept 6-7lbs off but I need another 10lbs more but I'm stuck.  Feel free to PM me ;) 

Quoting Juniper53098:

You remember =)

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting Juniper53098:

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm going to have to try some.☺
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 6:59 AM
That is so wonderful for both of you! How happy all of you must feel.

DF and I were talking about the food we eat and how it could be associated with behavior and when our son is very hyper at times. There is some truth to that then.😊

Quoting Juniper53098:

I've been on it for almost 2 years.  I lost 26 lb initially, but more impressive was that took me from a size 12 to a size 4.  My cholessterol numbers dropped dramaticly, especially triglycerides.  I feel great.  I have gained 10 lb back, but have not gone up a size.

We actually did this diet to help my son with Asperger Syndrome.  He had chronic constipation and lots of behavioral issues.  He had now pooped almost every day since May 1.  He no longer has meltdowns.  He feels good for the 1st time in his life.

Quoting taKENheart:

LOL!!!  I try to remember everything but certain things stick out if I took the time to research it even if it was just for 5mins.I was thinking I remembered it was you, lol ;)  How is that diet going for your overall health so far?  I tried a carb free diet but my body is resistant to it now so I tried another and have kept 6-7lbs off but I need another 10lbs more but I'm stuck.  Feel free to PM me ;) 

Quoting Juniper53098:

You remember =)

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting Juniper53098:

Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM

Diet most definitely makes a difference with behavior.  In my son's case, he was in pain.  He didn't know what it was like to NOT be in pain.  Imagine how short your temper is when you don't feel well.

Quoting Flaca43: That is so wonderful for both of you! How happy all of you must feel. DF and I were talking about the food we eat and how it could be associated with behavior and when our son is very hyper at times. There is some truth to that then.😊
Quoting Juniper53098:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting Juniper53098:

You remember =)

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting Juniper53098:

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Oh wow!  That's wonderful!  You are the first person that I have heard about it from.  Wonder why you gained 10 back if you are still eating the same way.  Maybe some of it is just water weight.
That's wonderful that it helped him so much.  Did a doctor suggest the diet? 

Quoting Juniper53098:

Quoting taKENheart:
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 7, 2014 at 9:24 PM

A lot of people gain a little back once they're done detoxing.  The diet should leave you at your ideal weight, whether that means weight gain or weight loss.

No, I've done a lot of research on natural healing for autism symptoms.  We started out gluten and dairy free, but my son wants to be able to eat gluten and dairy again, some day.  He missed joining in class treats, etc.  GAPS kept coming up in my research as a possible way to heal food sensitivities and allergies.  I told him that the only way I've found, that he'd be able to eat those foods again, is if we tried this diet. 

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh wow!  That's wonderful!  You are the first person that I have heard about it from.  Wonder why you gained 10 back if you are still eating the same way.  Maybe some of it is just water weight.That's wonderful that it helped him so much.  Did a doctor suggest the diet? 

Quoting Juniper53098:

Quoting taKENheart:

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Oh I see.  I have heard that gluten free works wonders for some children with autism.  I don't know if my ds would be willing to try it...he's 21 now.  I know I could just simply buy the products for the house but he will grab lunch at work or come home with Subway or Chinese.  Is your ds accepting of the diet?  I hope he'll be able to eat those foods that he likes again.

Quoting Juniper53098:

A lot of people gain a little back once they're done detoxing.  The diet should leave you at your ideal weight, whether that means weight gain or weight loss.No, I've done a lot of research on natural healing for autism symptoms.  We started out gluten and dairy free, but my son wants to be able to eat gluten and dairy again, some day.  He missed joining in class treats, etc.  GAPS kept coming up in my research as a possible way to heal food sensitivities and allergies.  I told him that the only way I've found, that he'd be able to eat those foods again, is if we tried this diet. 

Quoting taKENheart:
Juniper53098
by June on Sep. 7, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is 9 now and yes, he is very good about staying true to the diet.  he feels so much better and doesn't want to go back to where he was.  Truthyfully, he probably won't like the foods he's looking forward to by the time he can eat them again.  Artificial flavors and all that sugar are so far from where we are now and what we're used to.

Quoting taKENheart:

Oh I see.  I have heard that gluten free works wonders for some children with autism.  I don't know if my ds would be willing to try it...he's 21 now.  I know I could just simply buy the products for the house but he will grab lunch at work or come home with Subway or Chinese.  Is your ds accepting of the diet?  I hope he'll be able to eat those foods that he likes again.

Quoting Juniper53098:

A lot of people gain a little back once they're done detoxing.  The diet should leave you at your ideal weight, whether that means weight gain or weight loss.No, I've done a lot of research on natural healing for autism symptoms.  We started out gluten and dairy free, but my son wants to be able to eat gluten and dairy again, some day.  He missed joining in class treats, etc.  GAPS kept coming up in my research as a possible way to heal food sensitivities and allergies.  I told him that the only way I've found, that he'd be able to eat those foods again, is if we tried this diet. 

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN