Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Noisy people in movie theatres

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

My friend and I were sitting in front of some people who had to comment on everything that happened and scream really loudly often. One of them sounded like she was eating shrink wrap through the entire film. We didn't say anything though because we liked the movie and didn't want to spoil the mood. What would you have done?

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM

It's one of the major reasons I just don't go anymore.  People suck.  I can't hear the movie.  1/2 some giant sits in front of me and I can't see.  The popcorn sucks.  And there's no pause button.

its too much money to waste...

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have told the manager

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:58 PM

We never had that problem, even during a kid's movie.  But, I would have complained to the manager, because it costs too much cash to see an 1 1/2 movie and someone starts yakking through the movie.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:51 AM
It hasn't happened to me, but I also haven't been to a movie theater in 3 yrs, can't remember how long before that!😳
I don't think I would have done anything either though.
TinkerBell
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Getting management involved doesn't always work.  I would have switched seats if possible. Your lucky they didn't spend all night talking on their cell phone about the movie they were supposedly there to watch.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Maybe asked them to lower their voices :)

Noni2319
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:18 AM

I would have complained to the manager. 

ambcortez
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I would've accidentally put my gum in her hair ;)

Jk, jk.

I don't go to the movie theater because it's too expensive and I can't control the environment.

anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I would have done the same thing.  If it got too annoying, I might turn around and shh them, but for the most part I would have suffered in silence.  That's just how I am, though.

CafeMom Tickers
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:46 PM

I haven't really had that happen.  I think I might move if there were any seats that looked better to me than where I was already sitting.  We don't go to the movies very often at all though. 
The phones annoy me.  When they light up it's very distracting to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)