Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you paying attention to my weight?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

I don't even know where to start with this, I'm just so uncomfortable with the whole thing.  Here goes.

I had a baby back in December.  I've lost all the weight and then some.  Which is fine.  I'm still nursing DS, and my metabolism is doing weird things, so I'm about 10 pounds down from my pre-pregnancy weight.  And it's ALL I HEAR ABOUT AT WORK.  To the point where people who aren't even in my department, who I never really speak to for any reason, feel the need to comment about it.  One (male) distant coworker actually asked me "is everything okay?" I'm just freaked out by realizing that everyone is looking at my body. 

It's affecting me to the point that I don't even enjoy wearing cute clothes, because all I will hear about is "you're soooooo skinny I hate you!", so I have been wearing really nondescript clothes that probably don't even fit that well just to avoid the attention.  Bleh.

by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chicken13
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Eh...let em talk.  It's how you feel about your body that matters.

i was sick the entire pregnancy with dd.  I ended up 10lbs lighter at the end...and I was skinny before pregnancy.  Then I rediscovered food and packed on 15 lbs before I got ahold of myself.  Lol.

Everyone had a comment.  

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM

Quoting chicken13:

Eh...let em talk.  It's how you feel about your body that matters.

i was sick the entire pregnancy with dd.  I ended up 10lbs lighter at the end...and I was skinny before pregnancy.  Then I rediscovered food and packed on 15 lbs before I got ahold of myself.  Lol.

Everyone had a comment.  

This

jackiewal10
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 11:41 PM

If it's really bad, you could take this type of thing to management.  It sounds as though it's harassment, or close to it.  I would start ignoring everyone.  If someone says something to you say 'yep' and walk away from them.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Everyone always has something to say whether you are still carrying the extra 10+lbs or the -10lbs.  
I wouldn't concentrate on it and probably tell them to get over it and get back to work, lol.  You could always go to HR and say you've become a distraction to the employees so they might want to give you some days off, lol.  I mean, you don't want to be a distraction for the company after childbirth for goodness sakes, lol.

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol! A distraction, that's great!😄

This is true though, everyone always has something to say.

Quoting taKENheart:

Everyone always has something to say whether you are still carrying the extra 10+lbs or the -10lbs.  I wouldn't concentrate on it and probably tell them to get over it and get back to work, lol.  You could always go to HR and say you've become a distraction to the employees so they might want to give you some days off, lol.  I mean, you don't want to be a distraction for the company after childbirth for goodness sakes, lol.

TinkerBell
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Some people may be seriously concerned about your weight loss and others are just jealous.  When people comment about your weight just say Thank you and change the subject.  You would be suprised how soon the subject changes when you don't react.

kysmama08
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 4:55 PM

They're just jealous.

Sisteract
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:47 AM

My daughter is the same way. Her baby was born in April and she is now in a size 0. Some people are just naturally thin.

LifeCafe42
by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 6:48 AM
I've lost over 60 lbs and I hear it a lot and in proud of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM
This is where a manager should be shushing them. My dh had to help a woman with this after her baby. Its inappropriate. Ask for help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)