Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Signs It's Time to Stop Bathing With Your Kids

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

5 Signs It's Time to Stop Bathing With Your Kids

posted by Jill Smokler 

Many moms try to save time, water, and sanity by bathing with their children. Killing two birds with one stone for the win! But when should joint baths be put to an end? Here's how you know ...

You know it’s time to stop sharing a bath or a shower with your little one when any of the following occur:

1. The entire bath consists of your child poking on you to test (and laugh at) your jiggle factor.
  2. The first time your child asks any of the following:
    • “Mommy, will my nipples get that big and lopsided when I’m bigger?”
    • “Mommy, why do you have those squiggly lines all over your belly like that?”
    • “Mommy, why are your boobies floppy like a cow’s?”
    • “Mommy, do you have a penis hiding under that hair?”
  3. Your child’s vocal range has expanded to the point that (s)he is able to graphically describe in vivid visual detail exactly how closely you shave, where your c-section scar ends, or the tattoo you have on your ass to everyone in the checkout line at Target.
  4. Your child seems to think the height of hilarity is dumping water in your face.
  5. He or she starts complaining about not having enough hot water. If you can complain about that, kid, you're on your own!
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bether89
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I agree with these.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:52 PM

LOL.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM

LOL .. yep :)

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I never did that ... it would have scalded him. I like (or rather did before the hot flashes) scalding hot showers. I was literally red when I would get out. 

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I never bathed with my kids, plus I like my water hot.

ambcortez
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:18 AM

When mine turned two, I stopped co-bathing.

LifeCafe42
by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Lol I have never bathed with my kid but he butts in when I'm changing and I know it'll all come
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Lol, this is great!
anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 30, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Every once in awhile when my daughter was very little, I would take a both with her.  She liked to "float" and move her arms around in the water.  When she got to be like 2 months, she pooped EVERYTIME she was exposed to water.  That ended the baths! 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:30 PM

my children never did any of those when we'd bathe with them.  maybe it was because we never made a naked body an issue in our home & we started talking to them when they were little about the way bodies were.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)