Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel bad that I'm annoyed...

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

but I am! Had unexpected dress fitting today for a bridesmaids dress. I was suppose to go next week but plans beyond my control changed. Had majors plans for the weekend involving redoing my dd3's room, moving furniture in my living room and working on a major mess in my family room.

DD3 had to come to the dress fitting to bc she is the flower girl. So hubs said he would bring her at 1 to the shop. I said come betweeen 12:45-1pm, as we should all have our dresses fitted by then. We were done at 12:40 and I text hubs and ask his ETA, he says soon. He arrives just after 1:20, we had all been waiting like 40 minutes. So get the dresses done and hubs leaves with dd as he declines going out to lunch with us. I get home finally to find him asleep with dd (he stayed up really late playing video games) and notice a pile of junk from inlaws house. Ends up he had taken the kids on a walk and went to my inlaws which is why he was late. I started to ask about it and he got all pissy. Now it's 5 p.m. he's napping and nothing is getting accomplished this weekend :/

by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 5:06 PM
So frustrating.
suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 8:58 PM

Thanks! I;m even more frustrated! Hubs lost the original hardware to the bed, it was purchased 5 years ago used for 2 months then put away. Well we finally went to put it together (after having to drive to Ikea almost an hour away last night for replacement hardware) and discovered we were missing the the dowels so it meant a trip to the hardware store. Got that taken care of only to discover that the boxsprings didn't fit right. So we went to the local matress store and the very nice sales man who explained we were missing the slat pack from Ikea (thankfully he was honest and didn't sell us a new box springs that we thought we needed). So now no bed still and another hour drive to Ikea in the morning :(

Quoting AllofFive19: So frustrating.

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 10:58 PM
OK, he needs smacked.

Quoting suroundedbyboys:

Thanks! I;m even more frustrated! Hubs lost the original hardware to the bed, it was purchased 5 years ago used for 2 months then put away. Well we finally went to put it together (after having to drive to Ikea almost an hour away last night for replacement hardware) and discovered we were missing the the dowels so it meant a trip to the hardware store. Got that taken care of only to discover that the boxsprings didn't fit right. So we went to the local matress store and the very nice sales man who explained we were missing the slat pack from Ikea (thankfully he was honest and didn't sell us a new box springs that we thought we needed). So now no bed still and another hour drive to Ikea in the morning :(

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Sorry. :(

suroundedbyboys
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Lol, I don't blame him for the slats not being there, we never bought them with the bed, now they are included :/

Yes the dowels missing are his fault. I learned my lesson on slapping him yesterday we were goofing around and he kissed me and I slapped him- which hurt his feelings and he ratted me out to my mom. As in he said you better watch out or I will tell your mom. My mom of course thinks I'm pregnant, which I am not, but the ratting out is that oops I hit our car with our van Friday afternoon, oops. Totally embarrassing! I've never hit anything before (other than the trash can). Our body shop guy fixed both cars for $50 and no one was the wiser but I ended up telling my mom bc hubs made that comment and so she thought we were keeping something from her (she lives with us :0 ) no more slapping for me, lol.

Quoting AllofFive19: OK, he needs smacked.

Quoting suroundedbyboys:

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Oh no. Lol

Quoting suroundedbyboys: Lol, I don't blame him for the slats not being there, we never bought them with the bed, now they are included :/

Yes the dowels missing are his fault. I learned my lesson on slapping him yesterday we were goofing around and he kissed me and I slapped him- which hurt his feelings and he ratted me out to my mom. As in he said you better watch out or I will tell your mom. My mom of course thinks I'm pregnant, which I am not, but the ratting out is that oops I hit our car with our van Friday afternoon, oops. Totally embarrassing! I've never hit anything before (other than the trash can). Our body shop guy fixed both cars for $50 and no one was the wiser but I ended up telling my mom bc hubs made that comment and so she thought we were keeping something from her (she lives with us :0 ) no more slapping for me, lol.

Quoting AllofFive19: OK, he needs smacked.

Quoting suroundedbyboys:

yvonne37
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs The only thing to do when you have no control of things is take it easy, breath and let it go.

jackiewal10
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be pissed!  I think you have every right to be annoyed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN