Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you judge people on how clean their home is? Or isnt?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM
  • 10 Replies

ok.  So long story short....I learned something this thanksgiving holiday about our neighbors.  Something I probably could have guessed.  (Oh, that's why their snow shovel, Halloween decorations and dead tomato plants are still on their front step).

Their house was a sty!  

I'm not talking clutter.  Although there was plenty.  I'm not talking a few dishes in the sink.  Or some pet hair on a chair.  

I'm talking borderline hoarders episode.

and now....when I see someone visiting all I can think is "no FRICKIN way".  There's no way I would voluntarily go in that house.

so...do you judge?  Apparently I do.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I try not to but I know I do. I can not understand living like that. You should pick up after yourself and teach your children to also from the very start.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:41 AM

My mind just can't wrap around it....and im not a neat freak, I swear....there is currently a glitter accident spreading its way through our home....slowly and 1 particle at a time.  It's festive, right?!

just...how do you make sure you pay all your bills if you can't find them?  

it can't be healthy.  You can't possibly be cooking healthy meals in that kitchen.  Nevermind the obvious sink, and counters, and table, full of dirty dishes.  

And the kids?  I wouldn't want to bring a friend home to that.  How could you do that to your kids?

Quoting mrswillie: I try not to but I know I do. I can not understand living like that. You should pick up after yourself and teach your children to also from the very start.

sweetspice03
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM

I try to resist judging, but sometimes it's hard to.  I've seen some episodes of Hoarders, and I'm shocked at how bad it can get.  It's sad when people let their homes get that bad, especially when there are children living there, and even sadder if they refuse to get help.  

cafay
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I guess in the sense you are talking about, I do. But I don't know anyone who lives like that. But I would-and do, because there are several houses,around here, that stuff is piled sky high on thier porch. But I judge myself on my home all the time way more harshly. We aren't slobs,but it is never clean enough for me.

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM

I try very hard not to. I know what you mean about hoarders though. My SO isn't to the extremes but I swear it drives me nuts. It would be dufferent if we had a basement or garage but we don't have either. He has a LG shed out in back but that is filled to the brim. LOL Maybe you plant some shrubs or get a fence to help you from seeing all the mess. I have a 6ft one and I just love it.

Juniper53098
by June on Dec. 6, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I know plenty of people who chose to live in a mess.  They were raised that way, so they really don't know better.  Plus, the one friend is disabled, so it is really hard for her.  (She was in a serious car accident, that killed her husband at 17.)  I wouldn't want my house like that, but I love her in spite of her house.  But, I do tend to have rooms that get that way for a while until my husband says we MUST tackle the mess.  It's usually our bedroom, which is the last room we work on.

lapcounter
by on Dec. 6, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Absolutely
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chicken13
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 5:02 PM

They are not disabled.  I'd totally cut them slack if I even thought they were...

Quoting Juniper53098:

I know plenty of people who chose to live in a mess.  They were raised that way, so they really don't know better.  Plus, the one friend is disabled, so it is really hard for her.  (She was in a serious car accident, that killed her husband at 17.)  I wouldn't want my house like that, but I love her in spite of her house.  But, I do tend to have rooms that get that way for a while until my husband says we MUST tackle the mess.  It's usually our bedroom, which is the last room we work on.

littlepinkrose
by on Dec. 7, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Sometimes I do.  I try not to but sometimes it is like seriously how do you live like this?!

jky_67
by Member on Dec. 8, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Unfortunately, my husband grew up that way BUT he's not that way, thank God! He's a more neat freak then I am. And yes, in my mind, I judge.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)