Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby neccissities

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2016 at 7:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am due in 3 months what are the the things I definitely need before the baby is born?
by on Apr. 4, 2016 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Reese2010727
by on Apr. 4, 2016 at 9:11 PM
Diapers/wipes of course, plenty of onesies, baby body wash,burp cloths, blankets, bottles if formula feeding or pumping..those are the things I can think of off top
bhow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2016 at 8:24 AM

Socks (lol, I hate my cold feet)  Unless your able to breast feed, lots of bottles.  I liked the smaller ones while they're babies, once they get a little older I'd buy the bigger ones.  It's been awhile for me.  I had lots of the little babie blankets so I could wrap them up real snug.  They are easy to wash and actually come in handy when they don't want them any more.  I cut mine in half folded them just so and sewed the edges making pot holders and hot pads for the table.  

I always liked cloth diapers for burp rags.  A baby hair brush, my girls liked when I brushed their tiny heads.  (comforting)  The typical things such as diapers, wipes, rash cream.  I liked bag balm.  Mineral oil is good too since it's pure and clean.  Unless you know the weight I would buy some premie diapers for the first couple weeks.  I needed them for about a month with my first.  She still is small and just turned 18 last week.

Good Luck.

How2Be

jky_67
by Member on Apr. 5, 2016 at 2:59 PM
Must haves right out of hospital:

Diapers
Wipes
Onesies
Butt cream (A&D stuff)
Baby blanket/wrap
Hat
Car seat

At home:
Changing pad (not necessary but nice to have)
Crib/bassinet (not necessary but nice to have)
Chair (vibrating kind so you can put the baby down while you get stuff done)
Bottles, formula (if bottle feeding)
Burp cloths (no need for fancy kind)
Footed onesies
Pacifiers
Stroller

There's more as baby gets older but these are some things I had/needed within first few weeks. Congratulations and good luck!

Juniper53098
by June on Apr. 6, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Must haves - clothes, car seat, baby carrier, diapers and wipes

Pteropus
by New Member on Aug. 4, 2016 at 11:06 PM

Our family is minimalist so we kept it pretty basic. I had :

* diapers and wipes

* blankets

* socks

* 7 basic sleepers

* 7 white onesies

* 3 hats

* 2 pretty outfits

* car seat

* sling (used as a swing as well

* medications that are needed

* Eucerin (works as lotion and diaper cream if put on a smig thick). It was the only lotion my pediatrician was ok with because it doesn't have alcohol in it.

I kept most things in a basket right by the bed. I used the bed as a changing table and where the babies slept but you can sub with a crib. I added in toys and bowls and spoons for feeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)