Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Auto pay bill pay

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2017 at 10:55 PM
  • 8 Replies
Do you all sit down and pay bills each month or do you have it all set up on drafts or auto payment?
by on Feb. 19, 2017 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
belle2780
by on Feb. 19, 2017 at 11:01 PM
I pay bills each month, I prefer not to do auto pay since most of our bills are always due on the same dates of the month. Our cable and a couple of credit card bills are due between the 3 and 9 so I pay it all when he gets paid on the 31st of the previous month along with our power bill and every other month our city bill. Then on the 16 we have cell phone and a couple of cards due by the 25th so I pay it out of the paycheck on the 15th.
bmw29
by Bobbie on Feb. 19, 2017 at 11:04 PM
I will never let anyone just stick their grubby little fingers in my bank account at will. LOL I pay every bill when I choose too. Always on time and usually early but it's still my doing.
Juniper53098
by June on Feb. 20, 2017 at 7:43 AM

Most of my bills are manual pay, but I prefer that. (I need to do this today....)

chicken13
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM

A mix of both...I like auto pay and I've never had an issue with it.

Glitch202
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2017 at 8:56 AM

I hate my husband's pay.  You never know exactly what it is going to be, so I can never be sure how much he will make.  He is a damn truck driver and it has been this way our whole marriage.  The only thing that I have on auto pay is our insurance.  That comes out of his VA at the beginning of the month.  Everything else, I sit down and pay. 

deccaf
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2017 at 9:42 AM
I set up payment through my bank. I won't do auto pay as I don't trust anyone to be 100% correct. Businesses make mistakes. And when they do, it takes time to get that money back.
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Apr. 1, 2017 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Almost everything is auto pay. So much easier.
soccer711
by on Apr. 16, 2017 at 4:32 PM
My mortgage is an auto bill pay, but all my other bills I pay with checks. Twice a year I have to pay water/sewer taxes to the city and it's always and forever after a break from school which means my paychecks suffer as I work as a server in the cafeteria of a high school serving middle (7th and 8th) and high schoolers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)