Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What neighborhoods scare you?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:57 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 245 Total Views

What type of neighborhoods make you want to drive through faster?
Does appearance of the neighborhood play a major aspect?

CLICK HERE!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/107514

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NoColorBoundary
by Head Admin on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:07 AM

For me appearance is a major issue. If I am in an area I don't know and I see litter all over the place, yards unkept, graffiti on buildings, many cars in a yard and run-down houses it makes me question the crime rate in that neighborhood. 
Yes, I know some of the most nortious drug lords live in very nice neighborhoods. But I question the pride people have in their home and community if they don't keep it.
I remember going to NC visiting family and they lived in a trailer park. But it was so nicely kept. Parents let their kids play after dark and I remember being told I didn't need to lock the door.
Yet about a mile away (can't believe there was a time I would walk a mile LOL) me and some of my new friends went to a birthday party and that trailer park was totally different. It was so ran down. Ad one of the boys said don't forget to put your bike on the porch or it will get stolen.

christy589810
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 8:25 AM
I AGREE WITH YOU. CHRISTY
Radarma
by on Feb. 9, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Usually I am really tough and rarely scare...comes with having to be a fighter in my life I think. LOL

But I wanna share a funny story.

A few years back I lived in Hayward Cali, which is right next to Oakland Cali.

I was with my best girlfriend at the time, a Nicaraguan gal. She and I had met in an English class...well, we were in the ghetto of Oakland one day and there was a man crossing the street, midstreet, no crosswalk. Just waltzed right out in front of our car. I was driving at the time, so I stopped, and smiled and waved him across.

My girlfriend's left arm flew over and punched my shoulder and she said: "DAR! You do NOT smile at people in the ghetto. You do NOT stop and let them cross."

I was like "whaaa???" People in ghettos don't have "manners"?

Man, that was a serious reality check for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)