ravineWanna hear something pretty amazing? A 67-year-old man named David Lavau survived for six days on nothing but leaves and creek water after his car plunged 200 feet off a California mountain road. Now wanna hear something really amazing? He was found because his three kids went all Maria Bello/Prime Suspect detective on his ass. Without the stupid fedora.

After not hearing from their father for several days, David's children, Lisa, Sean, and, ahem, Chardonnay, decided to take matters into their own hands. With the help of a real, non-hat-wearing detective, they were able to narrow the search area using cellphone towers, text messages, and debit card purchases. When they decided upon a general area, Lisa, Sean, and Chardonnay strapped on their hiking boots and started searching.

According to Lisa, "We stopped at every ravine and looked over every hill, and then my brother got out of the car and we kept screaming, and the next thing we heard Dad saying 'help, help,' and there he was."

David's kids found their father, his car, and his makeshift camp in a ravine. They ran down to get him. A short while later, David was airlifted and brought to the hospital, where it was discovered that he suffered multiple rib fractures, a dislocated shoulder, a broken arm, and multiple fractures in his back. None of the injuries are life-threatening.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's impressive as hell that David was able to survive that long in a ravine by himself -- but, let's get real, we've all kinda heard that story before. What really blows my mind is that his kids decided to take matters into their own hands -- and they found him. None of that waiting around for the police crap, they (and a detective) just up and did what had to be done to find their dad.

Nice work, kids. You should get your own NBC show.    

How cool is this?