Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Addressing Issues by Gender

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 302 Total Views

Steven brought up a relative point to me. My neighbor asked if I could keep my kids more queit at night and early in the morning. That their bedroom was in the dining room. There is a structural sound barrier in our apts. They have it so bedrooms are backed against your neighbors' kitchen, stairs and bathroom. I told her I would try to keep them quieter. They can get loud especially my oldest with how he talks. But Steven said, "I wonder why she didnt tell me about it, since she saw me yesterday?" I said it is probably cause you are a man and there is a more common thread between us because we are both mother of young children. That got me thinking as women if we had the choice would we rather discuss an issue with the man in the moment or wait to discuss it with the woman and does your race play a factor.

by on Oct. 15, 2011 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Maman9
by Head Admin on Dec. 16, 2011 at 9:55 AM

As an oldster, I was taught that it is best to discuss it with the person of your same gender first out of respect for the couple and to avoid conflcit.

mommajen32
by on Dec. 24, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I would discuss it with the mom first b/c I would assume she would have the most impact on the kids in that area. If it had to do with moving a car I'd talk to the husband. So stereotypical I know but what can I say?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)