Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would A Black Republican ................

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 242 Total Views

Would a Black Republican receive 96% of the Black vote because of his "color"?

Is it race or is it party?

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
conweis
by Group Owner on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I don't know...
The republican party seems to get a bad rep among the black (and other minority)population cause some of the main black figure heads seem to hold them self above the rest of their race, if that makes sense. Condoleezza Rice being the exception. And I always cringe when I hear some crazy wp talks in the media. Why can't they have normal republicans speak on TV? It makes the party seems racist.
Then again you have to look at the presidential election which had the largest percentage of black voters since the civil rights movements. It is a toss up. I do believe many people (not race specific) do not actually research the politicians before electing them and base their opinion on commercial ads, party and appearance.

mommajen32
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quoting conweis:

I don't know...
The republican party seems to get a bad rep among the black (and other minority)population cause some of the main black figure heads seem to hold them self above the rest of their race, if that makes sense. Condoleezza Rice being the exception. And I always cringe when I hear some crazy wp talks in the media. Why can't they have normal republicans speak on TV? It makes the party seems racist.
Then again you have to look at the presidential election which had the largest percentage of black voters since the civil rights movements. It is a toss up. I do believe many people (not race specific) do not actually research the politicians before electing them and base their opinion on commercial ads, party and appearance.

I don't know if Condi would pull the Black vote, she was seen as Bush's puppet. Now, Colin Powell had a chance but the Bush's pulled the strings on that one back when Junior decided to run. 

I'd say that party means more than race for most AAs. 

Maman9
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

It would have to be neither for me. We are Registered Independent. I have voted for both parties in the past. It comes down to values and family loyalty in politicians.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)