Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decorating Tips?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:42 AM
  • 7 Replies

So This is mine and DH's first halloween in our house and We are alittle strapped for cash seeing we just moved in not long ago. I am looking for neat but cheap decorating tips. We have a sort of stoop if that helps, with 3 steps upto the front door. I want to go all out but the finances wont let me lol. Please give me tips...everything I find costs an arm and leg... I need my arm :/

Thanks for any help offered :)

Happy Halloween!!!

expecting girl

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mandksmommy
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:46 AM

dollar stores have tons of cute halloween decorations. and wait until halloween is over and you can get stuff on sale for next year. last year i bought one of those blow up things for the yard for $30 normally $80 at ac moore.

blocked and deleted moms join here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/43560
We don't delete.....

GoinCrazyInME
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM

expecting girl

CafeMom Tickers

turtle07
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 11:57 AM

pretty much what she said

Quoting mandksmommy:

dollar stores have tons of cute halloween decorations. and wait until halloween is over and you can get stuff on sale for next year. last year i bought one of those blow up things for the yard for $30 normally $80 at ac moore.

WoodWitch
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM

If you have a JoAnn's Fabric and Crafts near you, they have already discounted Halloween and I just got a coupon for discounts off entire purchase.  Combined could be a really windfall!  Everything will be on sale everywhere tomorrow....the joy of a Saturday Halloween is you have all day Saturday to get ready....go get those deals!  Most of the stores around me have already stocked Christmas.

Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe....

Mrs_Harsh
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM

If you have black trash bags you can stuff one huge one for the body of a spider, and take a few and cut them in half, tape them back together and stuff for the legs, attach them to the big bag with twist ties. Use construction paper to make the face. 

glitterbratty
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I basically use stuff i had from other years,part of costumes daughter had or her old school stuff she made.  Or sometimes the library has coloring sheets, i grab them and use them creatively.   Hope some of these sound good i will add pics what i did last year

MommaRox4683
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Dollar stores, consignment stores, things outside and some glue can be decorative (seriously leaf wreaths, and other things you might find on the internet.)

baby girl Roxanne~Momma Rox4683

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)