Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my son has swine flu so we cant go out trick or treating, any ideas for at home?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

my 21 mo son has swine flu so id feel alot better keeping him home where it's warm and dry. anyone have some suggestions on activities we can do? he's not really into painting but i figured i'll try it again so anythings else please let me know! thanks and happy Halloween!!!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Octobersmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Toddler craft ideas for halloween can be found at http://familyplayandlearn.com/EasyKidsCraftsForHalloween.html

I hope he feels better soon

yvonne37
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:50 PM

how about a movie marathon.. I know he is small, but get halloween cartoons, and sit with him :)  I hope he gets better soon!

Also maybe you could do a candy halloween scavanger game.. hide candy around the house and help him find it :)

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/yvonne37
MattnAerynsmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Find some halloween themed coloring pages online and let him color, maybe rent kid friendly halloween show, if you allow him to have candy, make a small bag up with some candy and other little halloween things (walmart has lots of neat things.) I have a 21 month old dd that I plan on doing those things with. Hope this helps a little and hope you son gets better soon!!

Matthew 8-20-05 toddler boyAeryn 01-06-08 toddler girl

And one m/c angel, Sara, 9-30-09angel mini

DaNiMaRiEsMiTh
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I thought these were great ideas! Kind of like an easter egg hunt! Maybe let him help make cookies or decorate them. Maybe a new coloring book (Halloween themed) to color in.

Quoting yvonne37:

how about a movie marathon.. I know he is small, but get halloween cartoons, and sit with him :)  I hope he gets better soon!

Also maybe you could do a candy halloween scavanger game.. hide candy around the house and help him find it :)

Danimariesmithsiggy-1.gif picture by debrig

SophiaofLight
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I'm so sorry your little one is sick, hope he is better soon. Maybe rent some Halloween cartoons for him to watch. Don't know if he feels like eating candy but you can go to the dollar store or somewhere and make him up a little bag of toy goodies. Or let him "trick or treat" for the toys from you. If he does feel up to eating maybe get some halloween cookies from the dairy section and bake them and let him help decorate. Get some small pumpkins and paints and paint faces on them if that would be fun for him.

happy halloween 

mommy1180882509
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:35 PM

wow these are all really awesome ideas!! thank you all so very much!!!

RaggedyAnne
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:40 PM

nursehappy halloweenfeel bettersickthrowing updoctorHalloween Movie, Games, & of course candy. You can bake & let him decorate, he can also paint your face : + } pizza, hamburgers etclollipopchocolate 

40plusmom
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I'm sorry,i hope he feels better soon! 

mandapanda21
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I'm so sorry!  I hope he gets better real soon!  Everyone has had some really good ideas.  I think watching good kid friendly Halloween movies/shows would be a lot of fun and it would give him a chance to rest up and get better!  I like the idea about a Halloween scavenger hung as well.  I really hope he gets better soon and you guys have a great Halloween!

MidnightKarma
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM

the PP's have all good ideas 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)