Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old is too old?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:21 PM
  • 19 Replies

In my town alot of people think age 14 is too old to go trick or treating. My son is 14 now and he is torn between wheather or not to dress up this year. Any input would be helpful with helping him make his decision.  Last year he was told by several houses that he was too old and they didn't give him anything,

thanks!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SophiaofLight
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM

I think 14 is too old to be trick or treating unless he has younger brothers and sisters to take with him. I think most kids stop about 12. 

kbpegasus
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I think I was 16 before I stopped trick or treating with my friends.  The problem is with kids today that they are so tall!  The home owners get scared.  I agree.  If he has younger sibs let him go with them dressed up.  Otherwise, even though he is still so young, he is going to have the same problem again.

pixietink7276
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM

My oldest is 12 and I feel he can go this year but my parents made me stop when I became a teen. I do have an 8 yr old was well which he helps me with.

tangleballlover
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 6:37 PM

14 is middle school age, so no I don't think that's too old.

Angiebooboo
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:23 PM

i dont think your ever to old to tricker- treat .my 16 and 17 are going out . who dont like candy .

angiebooboo

kitty1936
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:47 PM

My sister still goes, she's 21. As long as they are willing to put the effort in, I think they should go!

MommaRox4683
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:20 PM

That's a real in-between age, and I'd go def. what about a group of kids his age, or if he has sister's or brother's he can take?

baby girl Roxanne~Momma Rox4683

40plusmom
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:09 AM

If his friends are going,why not?If they aren't,possibly have some of his friends come for snacks and a movie,at least you will know where he is! 

dolphin14843
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Update:

My son is the only child. I think he had made his mind up to go this year and just accept the fact that some people think he's too old to trick ot treat. I left that up to him. I support his anyway he decides. Oh btw he decide to be freddy this year again. he like scaring my adult friend that is frighened of freddy. LOL

grace2joy
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I do not think 14 is too old.  I don't mind if teens come to my door.  They are still kids... and enjoy friends & candy :)

Have fun & have candy.  I think it is rude not to pass candy out to anyone dressed up for the fun of the day.  I am sorry someone did that to your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)