Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was your halloween? What did you end up doing?

Posted by   + Show Post

I didn't plan on dressing up but I did.  Last minute my little one found a costume at Rite Aid and she was an angel, so when she saw the devil costume she said I had to get it.  It was the day before halloween and the costume was %50 off.  So I did it.  We looked so cute. 

Me and  my little one went out trick or treating in our neighborhood with a friend.  We ended up in the nicer section of town to find an elaborate haunted house.  It was so great.  The headless horseman was holding his head and it looked so real.  I got a picture of him and the amazing house,  It was like something out of a hollywood movie.  There were Gargoils, Zombies, and a realistic Devil on the roof tops.  IT was Amazing.

by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 11:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
happy64
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2009 at 1:11 PM

We started early, first we baked cinnamon rolls in the morning. Then we celebrated Harvesting, by picking from three different kinds of apples and eating it. We  also watched ,The Nightmare Before Christmas. My boys drew Halloween pictures and their dad worked up to noontime (3pm). When dad came home we made our final dash to the stores. Three movies and some dinner food later we got home and set out the Treats. The kids got their costumes on and they went to Trick or treat the neighborhood with their dad. I stayed and gave the other kids coming treats and I also made dinner. While i watched a horror flick and it was all pretty cool. When the rest of the gang got back ,Dad and i got away for half an hour and got in some TLC. Then we got back to the guys and had our Halloween dinner. The whole day was pretty laid back and it was a good Halloween for us...happy

TuMaiidiiTa.
by on Nov. 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM

It was GREAT!!! First of all we had great weather! I took the kids to a Birthday party for a few hours. Then we went to a Haunted House. As we were leaving we saw DD best friend from school {and her family} so went tot to a few houses with them...they then invited  us to another party where the kids ate pizza,hot dogs, got tons of candy and we won a delicious strawberry/banana frosting cake.We had a wonderful night!

Firsttimemom252
by New Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I had to work but my sister took my son trick and treat with her kids around six and finish at 8 when they came and got me.My son didn't get much candy

CafeMom Tickers
skinsfan26
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 10:52 AM

the girls didnt get to go trick or treating on Saturday around town but friday nite they got to go trick or treating on the town square. The reason on Sat. they didnt get to go is cuz all day Sat-me and dh rebuilt the front end of our truck.Ended up taking us longer then thought but afterwards I did go to the store and buy a bunch of candy for them so they was happy. Back in march we hit a deer so it took us 8 months to get the money to buy the parts.right after hitting the deer.

I was calling it the terminator truck lolwith the new fender-later on we will have the fender painted. i still need to upload the final pic with the hood and lights on.  we have yet to order a grill for it. thats the only thing missing off the truck.did have to rob the battery out of dh's car hahaha

Im a mom that loves to HUNT, FISH. Cheering on my Redskins and Sooners and OKC Thunder. I aint afraid to get dirty. I love driving my 4x4 Blazer in the mud.Im 100% Redneck woman.Oklahoma born and bred!

madmomof5
by Member on Nov. 2, 2009 at 2:38 PM

We had LOTS of fun Halloween. We had a dear family friend come in for the week end! The kids and dh carved pumkins while I got the kitty litter cake ready. The kids made a cookie Halloween spooky house, we added a few more decorations outside and the kids left for Trick or treating around 7-we handed out candy until around 9:30-we had the most kids we'd EVER had and I just LOVED it! I <3 Halloween!

our 'Edward' pumkin-hee hee

Our kitty litter cake-looks so gross but tasted so yummy!

Here is there masterpiece...

candle-mom
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I had a booth reserved at our city park's "spooks in the park' event.

all kinds of businesses set up to give out candy to the kids. we had at least 800 kids come through, if not 1000. It got cold and when we ran out of candy around 8 p.m. we packed up and came home to warm up.

It was a great way to give to the community and promote my candle business at the same time.

Maryann- Peace Loving Candle Lady and College Student

www.partylite.biz/nevergiveup

MsWood729
by on Nov. 2, 2009 at 3:07 PM

We stayed Home & passed out candy from 5PM-6:30PM then took my son out to Trick-o-Treat with a few friends.  Then we came Home & watched some Halloween movies & ate pizza with the Family.

Angel_Baby_4U
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:34 AM

We just stayed at home this year like it was a normal day. We couldn't afford to get costumes.

Angel_Baby_4U
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 8:35 AM

Quoting madmomof5:

We had LOTS of fun Halloween. We had a dear family friend come in for the week end! The kids and dh carved pumkins while I got the kitty litter cake ready. The kids made a cookie Halloween spooky house, we added a few more decorations outside and the kids left for Trick or treating around 7-we handed out candy until around 9:30-we had the most kids we'd EVER had and I just LOVED it! I <3 Halloween!

our 'Edward' pumkin-hee hee

Our kitty litter cake-looks so gross but tasted so yummy!

Here is there masterpiece...

ooooo would u be willing to share the kitty litter cake recipe. I think thats awesome!

midwestmom
by on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4:10 PM

We had a busy & fun Halloween. 

Because it had been so windy we put the finishing touches on our outside decorations:  Hanging bats, putting out our Funkin pumpkins, set up fog machine & layed out bones in grave yard. Yep, I really get into the decorations. We carved three pumpkins, ate a quick dinner and got costumes on.  I decided to dress up as a vampire and stayed home to hand out candy and made sure the outside music kept playing. My 2 kids along with DH went ToT from 6-8pm.  I was surprised, we didn't get as many tick or treaters as usual.  Hhmmmm when DH returned home he was carrying his treat, a beer.  We walked to a neighbors house for a get together.  Then we came home to watch our planned movie:  Night of the Living Dead, the 1967 Romero original.  It was 1am by the time we all got to bed.  :-)

scarecrow                          

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)