Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi everyone!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 540 Total Views

Hey ladies!  Thanks so much for joining the group.  I wanted a place where people could talk about breastfeeding, no CIO, things of that nature with other moms, and also receive and give advice without being told that you're not being supportive. :)

Anyway, quick intros?

I'm Christie, and my Summer baby is Aurora, born June 29th.  I also have Rowan, who is 5 and in kindergarten.  I live in Washington (yes, the state) with my husband, who is in the Navy.  We're a Pagan family, though open to learning about any religion and we encourage questions about ours.   We boycott Monstanto, EA Games and Nestle.

ETA:  Since you all are adding some parenting things, I guess I should too. :)  We're an EBF, no formula allowed, child-lead weaning family.  We wait until the child displays the kellymom.com/biological signs of readiness before starting solids.  We cloth diaper, but mainly for financial reasons as well as my daughter's sensitive skin. The green aspect of it is just a great benefit.  We also use healthy cleaning supplies in our house, healthy soaps/shampoos, laundry detergents also.  No Gain and 409 here!  My kids rear-face until the max of their carseats, and will be 5-pointed harnessed the same (at my son's rate, he'll be 5-point harnessed at 10!).  We co-sleep, delayed and selectively vaccinate, and we also support the medicinal benefits of circumcision.  I'm also an ex-piercer and huge animal advocate. :)

Luna Lovegoodhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RanaAurora/spellingisGOOD.gif
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamachef694
by Member on Oct. 12, 2009 at 11:14 PM

My name is Noel... our daughter kairi was born May 6th she has a big brother who was born in Jan 2008... we are breastfeeding, cloth diaperin, babywearing, and we are selectively CIO and vaxing... (please dont bash) We co-sleep in the beginning... We are members of a baptist church here and love the time we spend with our church family... however... We are open to listen to others beliefs... I have always been interested in learning about other religions... We do what works for our family... :-)

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Hi, I'm Erin - mama to 3 boys.  I'm so thankful to be blessed with my summer baby boy.  We had been trying for a long time and I lost a daughter half way through a pregnancy last year.  I'm over the moon having Arthur in my life.  I just want to hold him close all the time.  He was born at home, in water and is exclusively breastfed.  We are an AP family and pretty much do all of the typical stuff that goes along with attachment parenting and natural living.  My older boys are ages 6 and 4.  They are totally in love with their baby brother!!  My husband is also in the Navy and he's a wonderful attached father :).

mriricat23
by Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Hi ladies, My name is Maria and I am the momma to Peyton Rylee (my summer 2009 baby girl) and Anthony Thomas (August 2007)  and step momma to Chloe Bella (June 2002.)   I have been married to hubby for, going on, three years and we live in Berks County, Pennsylvania, which is much different from the town I grew up in, outside of Philadelphia.  We've been here for four years and I am still trying to get used to things out here.

Peyton will be 5 months old on the 22nd of this month and is EBF.  I cloth diaper her but DS totally PL'd himself while I was pregnant with Peyton.  I love wearing my lil mama in our wraps and co-sleep.  We co-slept with my son until he was about a year old and then made the transition into his own room.  Though there are days where we enjoy having both peanuts in or "family bed".  I never thought of myself as practicing AP, but when I read your journal entry I found that I fit right in!  However, we do vax on schedule.  I would love to have a home water birth for my next delivery but I am classified high risk, already, due to pregnancy induced hypertension with my son and full blown severe preeclampsia with my daughter (my liver and kidneys started to shut down which is why she was brought into this world at 35 weeks.   

I'm looking forward to learning more about AP and what works for other families.  :)

LoveLaurenRenee
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:21 AM

My name is Lauren.  I'm a happily married 26yo SAHM to Lolli (2 years) and Poppy (2 1/2 months).  We're an exclusively breastfeeding, co-sleeping (yep, 4 of us in 1 bed), nighttime parenting, baby-wearing, no CIO, kind of family residing in Indianapolis, IN.

Poppy was born (in the caul) at home on July 21, 2009 at 3:50am (at 41w 6d).  She weighed 9lbs 15oz and was 22 inches long.

Lauren ~ Mom to Lolli 09.23.07 and Poppy 07.21.09

RanaAurora
by Group Owner on Oct. 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Quoting mriricat23:
I never thought of myself as practicing AP, but when I read your journal entry I found that I fit right in!  However, we do vax on schedule.

Remember, like I said in the journal and description of this group, the actual definition of AP has no stance on vaccinations or circumcision.  Unlike MANY things in parenting, those are two issues that really seem to have no right answer.  As long as parents are EDUCATED about them, I have no problem with the way anyone chooses to go! :)

We personally selectively and delayed vaccinate.

Luna Lovegoodhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RanaAurora/spellingisGOOD.gif
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

MelanieLouise
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Hi, I'm Melanie. Fiona was born in February, so I don't actually have a summer baby, but Christie is one of my bestest friends. ;) We live in Idaho, my husband is in the Air Guard and also build scaffolding, and we also have a 2 year old boy named Liam. :)

CafeMom Tickers     CafeMom Tickers

chrissy12507
by Member on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Hi, I'm Chrissy. I'm 25 from Brandon/Tampa FL. I am married to a wonderful supportive husband and father, Guy. We have two little boys together, Tristan (2.5) and Kai (almost 3 months). We love animals. We have 3 cats, a dachshund, a australian cattle dog and a hairless rat. We co-sleep w/ the baby (Tristan has been content in his own bed/room since about 8-9 months), do not CIO or spank, selectively/delay/space out vaccinations, disposible diapering, circumcize for medical reasons, baby wear, breastfeed (I pump at work also - haven't had to supplement and pretty darn happy about that!). We are waiting for the readiness signs from Kai before we start solids. I am looking forward to meeting you all :)

terribeari
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 12:35 PM

Hi, I'm Terri- momma to Caleb-23 months and Ryleigh-3 months. We cloth diaper, baby & toddler wear, EBF as well as extended breast feed, ERF, no CIO, Co-sleep. I don't know anyone IRL who has a similar way of parenting to me, so I can't wait to get to know you mommas, and get advice that I will actually use.

airmansgrrl
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Hello! I am Rose and a mommy to 2 wonderful boys, one is 4 months the other is almost 2 1/2, and have been married for almost 4 years to DH who is in the Air Force. We are an EBF, no CIO, cloth diapering, baby wearing, co-sleeping family.

lasombrs
by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM

HI, I'm sara and I'm 25, my husband scott is 36. We just had our first child in August, Cace. We cosleep (can't stand to be away from him, DH takes naps with him constantly too) I made my own sling before he was born and take him everywhere in it. No one we know had ever seen one before and everyone was amazed that at 1 week we could go out for dinner and Cace would sleep the whole time in his sling. I EBF, and we did circ him (DH demands, I really had no say). I plan to cloth diaper as soon as I can make enough now that I convinced DH it was the way to go. We are not to crunchy with anything else in the house except medical care. We are pretty much holistic all the way for ourselves and the pets (We have 8, I was a surgery tech and collected a lot of "throw away" animals) I am also a certified Crystal healer for animals and ran my own photography company up until I was very pregnant. Now DH and I run a natural dog bakery, we are moving in 2 weeks though so we'll have to get everything redone for NH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)