Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BFing, Fertility & Shettles

Posted by on May. 10, 2010 at 2:23 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 602 Total Views

I'm currently breastfeeding my 9.5 month old DD. She nurses quite frequently around the clock and thus I have not yet seen the return of fertility. 

Our first 2 children (both girls) are 22 months apart and we really like that age gap. We'd like to use the Shettles method to try for a boy who will be (ideally) somewhere around 22 months younger than my current nursling.

Right now my plan is to start gently night-weaning Poppy to encourage the return of fertility. She'll happily go all night without milk when I'm away from her, but of course when I'm right next to her in bed, she wants my breast. Any advice on that aspect?

Secondly, I want to start charting ASAP. But, from what I understand, charting right now would be inaccurate because of my night-waking to nurse, correct? So, once I am consistently sleeping through the night, how many months in a row will I chart before I'll start to see a pattern?

Thirdly, for those who have successfully used the Shettles method to conceive a boy, how close to ovulation did you wait to DTD?

Thank so much for bearing with me and my many questions (some of which are off topic, sorry!).

Lauren ~ Mom to Lolli 09.23.07 and Poppy 07.21.09

by on May. 10, 2010 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Kat770
by on May. 10, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I have the Shettles book (which I'm loaning to a friend at the moment) and to conceive a boy, you want to DTD on the day OF or day AFTER ovulation.  :)  good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)