Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how is everyone doing?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 198 Total Views

just wanted to check in and see how everyone is feeling/doing.

i'm just over 7 weeks now, and i'm going ok, made it through a busy/stressful week at work.  also for about a week i was feeling super crappy but now i am feeling slightly better so i hope that continues... still don't feel very good but better.  emotionally i'm doing ok just really exhausted and wondering if we did the right thing getting pregnant, and feeling like 2 kids is too many!  :) 

ok i hope everyone is doing good!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
PiccoloMama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I am doing good and feeling ok. My morning sickness has gotten 10X worse!!! I cant eat anything without feeling nauseous. My DH is helping so much with cleaning, cooking and helping with the kids. I just feel bad that I am behind on cleaning and housework do to feeling nauseous all day long.

Eternalchild
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM

I'm doing good.  I am sooo sore today because I had to bust my butt on my oldest daughter's birthday party.  She turned 10 and wanted a greek mythology party, so I turned the living room into a Mount Olympus and totally over did the entire party with authentic Greek food and the temple.  It was a great party and the kids seemed to really like it, but building it and taking it down kicked my butt.  I still have to finish cleaning and putting the living room back together but I really don't want to.  I'm completely exhausted after being up for 36 hours trying to get it done.   The weather doesn't help either.  We are overcast from Tropical Storm Ida (live in Florida), and it is so nice and I'm enjoying it, but it doesn't help for motivation. 

On the good side, my appointment with my midwife was moved from last Tuesday to last Thursday and it went well.  She got to see all the work I had done on the house since my most recent baby was born.  She is always in awe of my work.  During my last pregnancy, I rennovated the living room and she enjoyed watching it be torn apart and rebuilt.  I have done 2 more rooms and the shed since then.  Next month when she comes, she will do all my blood work and all.  She did agree with my dating so even though we aren't completely sure, she isn't going to force me to get an ultrasound.  So, my offical due date is June 3rd, which is what I had come up with anyway.  She even wrote down that I said this baby will be born on June 8th to see if I am right.  The reason I say that is because my oldest was November 8th, my son was March 18th, my youngest is November 28th, so my guess is June 8th. 

As for symtons, I never have any other than being a little run down which is nearing an end for me anyway since I am a little over 10 weeks.  The only other sympton I ever experience is a tiny bit of morning sickness ONLY if I don't eat.  So, it is looking like an another easy, noneventful pregnancy for me, which makes it so hard for me to not want more babies, but I just can't take more than what I have already, much less more than what I will have this summer.  LOL. 

So, Stefanie, I completely understand thinking you have enough already...I have 3 going on 4 and watch my almost 2-year-old nephew 3 days a week, and they are having another one too towards the end of June, so by the end of the summer, I will be watching total a 4-year-old, 2-1/2-year old, 1-1/2 year old, and 2 infants on school days, with 2 10-year-olds on non-school days.  Thats a total of 7 kids on off school days...AHHH. 

Mommy to Mara (November 1999), Marty (March 2006), Chrissy (November 2008) and Baby ? due June 2010.

gstaley
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I have go back to doctor on Wednesday for a follow-up visit because I went to ER yesterday because I had some bleeding yesterday morning.  I ended up getting my Rhogram, they did a vaginally ultrasound (concluded no fluid/pressure in my uterus to cause my cervix to open) and baby is measuring 10 weeks so on schedule, and on pelvic rest/staying off my feet as much as possible for the next 3 weeks.

Still having a little nausea but, not as bad as before, my back is starting to hurt more.  My DH and I have concluded that this baby knows it is our last and is going to give us a run for our money.

Photobucket

pregnancy week by week

tocreatefire
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Things here are going well. Had 2 ultrasounds and my  1st visit.  The first ultrasound was scheduled and the second the Dr just set me up in the ultrasound  room for my appointment so he could take a peek and of course give me more pictures.  I absolutely  love him, he's just so laid back and doesn't push things. He didn't even give me a hard time about not getting the  flu or h1n1 vaccines. He did do the I'm obligated to tell you your more at risk etc. and we highly reccomend it.  Though of course he did agree with what I had to say on the subject.

I set up my next appointment for the beginning of Dec with a Dr I absolutely hate. She delivered my DD but since they require you to see everyone in the practice as least once so you are familiar with them (an vice versa) no matter what I figure get the ob's out of the way so I can see the Midwife for the bulk of my visits at the end where I'm likely to have more questions/concerns/issues.  I got lucky with my DD and only saw 5 out 7 ( 1 was on maternity leave the other just back from it but never worked the days I could have my appointment) but ended up with a Dr I had not met for my delivery. Missing my 2 favorite Dr's  by a shift either way.

I still haven't told anyone one. Trying to find the best time to do it. Was thinking Thanksgiving but not sure I want to do it on a holiday.

Stefanie83
by Group Owner on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:51 PM

ok that party sounds awesome!!!!!

piccolomama, i'm sorry you are feeling bad.  that's how i am ... just the thought of eating most stuff, and many of my favorite things, is so disgusting to me.  blech.  i usually eat at subway once per week for example but now the commercials make me nauseous.  and i haven't had a banana for like 2 weeks! 

we have told our main family members now so we'll leave it up to them to diffuse it to everyone else.  lol.  i told my dad last night and my stepmom said that she knew i was pregnant 3 weeks ago when she saw me, but i was like, um, no i was just 4 weeks then, and not showing, just fat.  :(  teehee. 

i wish i didn't say i was feeling better because of course yesterday afternoon i started feeling worse than ever and almost threw up a couple of times--but didn't! 

i know my female coworker i eat with everyday must have a clue because i eat such weird stuff and none of my usual stuff.  and yesterday i had a bowl of applesauce and she said "oh i love applesauce when i'm sick".  :|  i need to tell my boss and then spread the news but i'm so scared.  i'll probably be running to the bathroom vomiting and still not tell.  hopefully not!

hope you all start to/continue to feel good  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)