Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YAY!!!!!!! so excited!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 176 Total Views

We are hiring a midwife and having a home birth!!!!!! I'm so excited! DH actually went for it and is going to pay for it becuase the military won't. we read up on it together and he says that if everything goes well and there are no last minute scary things or a trip to the hospital anyway we may never have another baby in a hospital again! He is so thrilled with the idea and the convienience (go figure he's a guy everything has to be easy! lol). yay!!!

I'm a daughter of Christ, a proud Marine wife, and Mommy to Jeremiah (12-27-06), Lauren (1-19-08) and baby #3 will be here in June!

expecting babytoddler boytoddler girl

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Eternalchild
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Awesome!  I am so happy for you. 

While I have never had a hospital birth, my homebirth was the most wonderful and relaxing birth of my births so far (my first 2 were birth center births).  I am looking foward to my second homebirth in June.  There really is nothing better than knowing you don't have to go anywhere.  No trying to figure out when you should leave, no painful car ride, and the joy of being in YOUR comfort zone instead of someone elses. 

Mommy to Mara (November 1999), Marty (March 2006), Chrissy (November 2008) and Baby ? due June 2010.

usmcwifey06
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Quoting Eternalchild:

While I have never had a hospital birth, my homebirth was the most wonderful and relaxing birth of my births so far (my first 2 were birth center births).  I am looking foward to my second homebirth in June.  There really is nothing better than knowing you don't have to go anywhere.  No trying to figure out when you should leave, no painful car ride, and the joy of being in YOUR comfort zone instead of someone elses. 

I'm really excited but a little nervous of the unknown! did you get nervous before your first homebirth? do have any advice?

I'm a daughter of Christ, a proud Marine wife, and Mommy to Jeremiah (12-27-06), Lauren (1-19-08) and baby #3 will be here in June!

expecting babytoddler boytoddler girl

Stefanie83
by Group Owner on Nov. 13, 2009 at 9:42 AM

i think that is so great!  congrats!!!!!!! i hope you love this midwife.  :)

Eternalchild
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Quoting usmcwifey06:

Quoting Eternalchild:

I'm really excited but a little nervous of the unknown! did you get nervous before your first homebirth? do have any advice?

Honestly, no.  My midwife also even didn't get here in time, so, it was really unassisted.  If you haven't already, go join Birth is Normal or Birth Unhindered.  They are 2 awesome groups on cafemom that are for out of hospital birth.  They are a bunch of VERY knowledgable women who can answer any question or help you deal with any fear.  I had been reading posts in both of those groups for my entire pregnancy, and I just absorbed their lack of fear/total confidence.  The best advice I can give you, or anyone, is to just trust your body and know that it knows what it needs to do.   

Mommy to Mara (November 1999), Marty (March 2006), Chrissy (November 2008) and Baby ? due June 2010.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)