• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

prenatal appointment today, 28 weeks :) EDIT--results

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 1029 Total Views

hi ladies my appointment went pretty well today, well considering i had a blood draw  :P  lots of shouting and wailing involved because of that but anyway...

am i the only one in this group who decided to do the glucola glucose challenge screen?  just curious? 

anyway, i did that today.  drank 10 oz of nasty sprite stuff. 

at first my blood pressure measured really high and i told her i was really anxious about the blood test but she said that she thought the cuff was messed up and got another and my bp was then 116/70 or something like that.  my bp is generally lower than average so that seems ok to me.

i was so so so glad i asked about the distance to the hospital (70 minutes for us) while my hubby was in the room because she said just call when ctx are 3 to5 minutes apart, and i could come stay in the hospital next door if we want, for $40 since i'm a patient!  i was so happy because i have been worried that my husband would start freaking out and try to drag me to the hospital when i have ctx like 7 min apart!  lol

also she was able to tell that he is still head down, which i thought so because i'm feeling all of these little hand movements down low.

i also got tested for anemia so hopefully tomorrow i will hear good news on glucose levels and iron levels  :-)

i have another appointment in 4 weeks, i'll be 32 weeks about

i got my results back from my blood test. and i'm so happy because i got 120 for the glucose and 39 for iron.  she said the iron was awesome and the 120 was normal and good too  :)  of course now i'm happy i did do the glucose test because i have been worried about baby having too much sugar etc etc.

i just feel like the fact that i'm so overweight makes me doubt myself and make me think i must be so super unhealthy but i do try to eat healthy, just don't get enough exercise.  i feel like people see me on the street and assume that i must eat junk all day long but really i eat healthy!  lol.  i think these results make me more confident =)

Vincent Theodore will be here in late June or early July!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eternalchild
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I'm glad you had a good appointment in spite of the blood draw.  :) 

I did the glucose testing, but my midwife doesn't even offer the glucola drink, just grape juice.  My result came back at 57...so definately no GD, but I think they may think I cheated because that's really low. 

I have an appointment on Monday morning, but likely it will be more of the same old, same old.  Nothing different.  Hopefully...unless she thinks I am huge like everyone else seems to think. 

Stefanie83
by Group Owner on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Quoting Eternalchild:

I did the glucose testing, but my midwife doesn't even offer the glucola drink, just grape juice.  My result came back at 57...so definately no GD, but I think they may think I cheated because that's really low. 

I have an appointment on Monday morning, but likely it will be more of the same old, same old.  Nothing different.  Hopefully...unless she thinks I am huge like everyone else seems to think. 

i told my husband if he wasn't there i would probably dump half the stuff down the sink!  lol.  he said that would be stupid because what's the point of even doing the test if i wasn't going to do it right.  and he's right, i decided to do the test.  i just still am not 100% sure it was the right thing to do.  i'm just hoping my result is lower than 140 :)

i hope your appointment is good on monday  :)  and she doesn't think you are too huge! 

TessaMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Soounds good!  I did the glucose testing in the past, but really didn't feel the need for it this time, and that drink always makes me sick.  Glad you had a good appointment.

Pregnancy ticker

Stefanie83
by Group Owner on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Quoting TessaMommy:

Soounds good!  I did the glucose testing in the past, but really didn't feel the need for it this time, and that drink always makes me sick.  Glad you had a good appointment.

it didn't make me feel great, but just a little nauseous and hot for about 10 minutes.  it said on the bottle that it can cause nauseous, fainting, etc.  it also said i should remain quiet for the hour?  lol.  my midwife didn't say anything about that. haha

stevi3905
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Just wondering why they didn't tell you right away about what your BG was. I am a type 1 so of course they don't test me, but I have to check that before I eat each time so I was just confused as to why it would take them so long.

Eternalchild- if you had juice, there is no way your sugar was that low if you didn't feel shaky, dizzy, or a little "drunk" unless you have some weird form of hypoglycemia. Just saying because I black out when mine goes that low when I am pregnant and I am pretty used to low blood sugar. That is really weird unless your blood got mixed with a very small amount of some other fluid.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Quoting Eternalchild:

i told my husband if he wasn't there i would probably dump half the stuff down the sink!  lol.  he said that would be stupid because what's the point of even doing the test if i wasn't going to do it right.  and he's right, i decided to do the test.  i just still am not 100% sure it was the right thing to do.  i'm just hoping my result is lower than 140 :)

i hope your appointment is good on monday  :)  and she doesn't think you are too huge! 

Stefanie83
by Group Owner on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:53 PM

well i left right after the blood test.  i always try to get out as fast as possible because i feel like everyone is looking at me like i just had a miscarriage or something since they can all hear me screaming from the waiting room  :(   the took 5 vials and they were about to check glucose, for anemia, for HIV, and blood type and one other thing.  

i suppose i could ahve called this afternoon but i'll definitely call in the morning!

Quoting stevi3905:

Just wondering why they didn't tell you right away about what your BG was. I am a type 1 so of course they don't test me, but I have to check that before I eat each time so I was just confused as to why it would take them so long.

Eternalchild- if you had juice, there is no way your sugar was that low if you didn't feel shaky, dizzy, or a little "drunk" unless you have some weird form of hypoglycemia. Just saying because I black out when mine goes that low when I am pregnant and I am pretty used to low blood sugar. That is really weird unless your blood got mixed with a very small amount of some other fluid.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Quoting Eternalchild:

jzimenova
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I'm glad to hear that it went well for you! I will be doing the test also, but if I fail by like a point or something like that I won't let them give me the 3 hour test! I guess I don't find it so bad, well at least I didn't the first time... we'll see how it is this time! I will be doing it next Wednesday. I'm more nervous cause of the symptons I have been experiencing (doctor said they were early signs of pre-e) so they are going to go some extra blood work and do protein checks on me.

mommytobobby
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:00 AM

that's good to hear about the hotel next door. only $40? that's not bad.

i didn't even do the test, but i did have blood drawn for the type and screen. it didn't hurt, but did leave a bruise for about a week. and i bet you're not the only one that they've had w/ a needle phobia.

who did you see this time?

Stefanie83
by Group Owner on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM

i saw linda.  i thought she was really nice  :)  but i did think she was a bit rushy.  she answered my questions and even talked to me about the restaurant next door so i don't know why i feel that way.  lol.  she was very nice and i loved her so much for saying to CALL when contrax were 3-5 minutes apart even though we live so far away.  i was so scared she'd say "oh since you live so far away you better high tail it over here the moment you feel the first ctx."  lol.  and freak out DH even more.  ;)

she said that we could stay there at the holiday inn for $40.  actually i think she said $39.  i want to call them sometime and check on that to be sure because that's awesome!

the blood test didn't hurt me at all and i don't have a bruise only a tiny red dot.  i don't know what my problem is.  i guess it's like my FIL w/ claustrophobia.  don't shut the door on him in a small room, he might floor you running out!

i keep meaning to ask them which 4 are the 4 full time midwives. or maybe there are 5 full time now that laura is there.  so i can meet them all in the few appointments i have left  :-)

Quoting mommytobobby:

that's good to hear about the hotel next door. only $40? that's not bad.

i didn't even do the test, but i did have blood drawn for the type and screen. it didn't hurt, but did leave a bruise for about a week. and i bet you're not the only one that they've had w/ a needle phobia.

who did you see this time?

Stefanie83
by Group Owner on Apr. 2, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Quoting jzimenova:

I'm glad to hear that it went well for you! I will be doing the test also, but if I fail by like a point or something like that I won't let them give me the 3 hour test! I guess I don't find it so bad, well at least I didn't the first time... we'll see how it is this time! I will be doing it next Wednesday. I'm more nervous cause of the symptons I have been experiencing (doctor said they were early signs of pre-e) so they are going to go some extra blood work and do protein checks on me.

GOOD LUCK on wednesday.  it made me nervous at first when she said my blood pressure was reading really high.  i'm glad she went for another cuff.  :) 

i told dh that if i have a 141, i won't bother with the 3 hr either.  or if i have like 215, then i'll just say, ok assume i failed the 3 hr too!

i just called for my results but i left a message. i'm hoping they aren't closed for Good Friday.  might ahve to wait until monday now. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)