Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where to get Homeopathic Remedies?

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 281 Total Views

Where do you buy your remedies from?

I found a great website and they have a free catalog http://www.1-800homeopathy.com/

This one has pretty good prices http://www.luckyvitamin.com/

Booby Babies~ For women who will only breastfeed and will not formula feed. Ask questions, vent, and make friends. (Group Owner)
*Raising Intact Boys*~ for moms of intact (uncut) boys, to share experience, advice, support and info. (Administrator)
The (.) Cup~ for info and questions on menstrual cups and other forms of alternative feminine products. (Group Owner)

by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cristinaberger
by Group Owner on Oct. 18, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Many manufacturers will tell you that their ingredients are "of the highest quality", but how can you be sure if this is true or if it's just advertising jargon?

It is the quality of the ingredients that make herbal products effective. If the ingredients have been kept in poor conditions, are old and musty or have been exposed to the damp then the beneficial properties will have deteriorated. The product they are incorporated into will be less effective. We sometimes hear people say that they have tried using herbal products with only limited success; in fact this may often be due to the quality of the products being in doubt.

Most importantly, is that the plant used is actually the correct species and that it has not been adulterated with some other inferior herb.

Always ask if the ingredients used conform to the standards laid down in the Homepathic Pharmacopoeia. Try to establish whether they are manufactured according to accepted standard practices in a satisfactory environment.

Unfortunately, there will always be manufactures who use untested, inferior ingredients, which they can then retail at lower prices. However, these produce inferior quality products, which are often ineffective.

I personally obtain my remedies from a local homeopathic practitioner who has his own lab and proved to me the quality of his ingredients. I will have to ask him or research myself which websites offer quality products.

emslala
by on Oct. 18, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I usually just get mine from Whole Foods or Sun Harvest. A new place just opened up here, Sprouts Market, but I haven't gotten to see what kind of selection they have yet. There is also another one that recently opened called Vitamin Cottage, but I haven't made it there yet either- it has great reviews for vitamins, supplements, natural remedies, etc. though  :)
I buy brands that are reputable (Hylands, Boiron), and am wary of ones I've never heard of.

jeremysmom04
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I totally agree about the quality issue. I've been using bee propolis from Durham's Bee Farm whenever I have any teeth issues. I had the beginnings of an abcess, and needed some asap, so I got some off the shelf at the local health food store. It didn't do a thing! I was miserable for 3 days before I got my shipment from Durham's, and felt some relief within hours.

I do get a lot of stuff from Whole Foods, but am always careful to check the dates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)