Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any boy colors?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:30 PM
  • 32 Replies
  • 695 Total Views

Hey Sunny! My ds still uses diapers at night. He`s 40 lbs. But I noticed you didn`t have any colors for boys. He says he wants a black diaper :-) Don`t know if you can do that! Just let me know what you can do. Oh and I`m also going to CD my nephew. I`m buying some cheap diapers to fill out the stash but would love some pretty ones too.

My Goddess gave birth to your God

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paganbaby
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:31 PM

baby boybump

My Goddess gave birth to your God

Sunnyspot1118
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2009 at 6:09 PM

Here is the link to my album that i update regularly. These are some boy prints I do have though

I know you want black. I have a white skulls and cross bones on black fleece but don't have a picture of it yet. I also have some snow leopard fleece print that is not in my album yet.

paganbaby
by Member on Dec. 17, 2009 at 7:00 PM

What kind of liner do you use for your boys?

I also have a 3 month old nephew who I want to CD. What kind of diaper would you recommend for him?

Guess the Optical Illusion

Sunnyspot1118
by Group Owner on Dec. 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Usually minky or anti pill fleece is what is in my boys diapers but I got a shipment of lots of micro chamois colors. Micro chamois is softer and thinner than fleece but much like it and it is a great stay dry fabric.

As for the 3 month old will fit into a one size and can grow with him to make your dollars go farther. I can do a pocket in one size fits most or you can use a sized AI2 as a just cover too for prefolds to save money. Or really I could just make you a really nice cover to use with the prefolds. Which ever you prefer! That is awesome you are cloth diapering extended fam =)

paganbaby
by Member on Dec. 17, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Hmmm... I think I`m going to go with a couple of diaper covers to start. She says she wants to go cloth but I don`t want to spend a whole bunch of money if she changes her mind later. Kwim? Bubba on the other I don`t mind at all cause I know he`ll use it :-) I`ll have to wait on ordering it though until my sister gets paid.

Is green the only color you have available for covers? If it is, that`s ok. I like green :-) And do you recommend snaps or Velcro?

Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world                                         

In fact....it`s the only thing that ever has.

paganbaby
by Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 12:40 AM

I was just on your site and it said that Polyester Fleece is great against leaks but will transfer moisture under compression. Does using two layers prevent that problem? And thanks for the deal!!! 18$ works :-) Question:  where do I mail the check and who do I make it out to?

Also did you get his measurements? I think I PMed them to you but I`m not sure. I`d tell you again but I forgot,lol.

Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world                                         

In fact....it`s the only thing that ever has.

Sunnyspot1118
by Group Owner on Dec. 18, 2009 at 2:19 AM

I have the white skulls on black fleece and snow leopard print (black leopard print on off white fleece) plus the green fleece you see there. That is as far as the fleece I have on hand goes. If you want to pick out your own from Joanns that is fine as well!

As for covers, Two layers of fleece really cuts this problem down, it only transfers moisture when their is not where else for it to go (when the diaper is super soaked that is when). I can also make covers with an outer print (knit, flannel, woven) with a hidden layer of PUL then minky, microchamois or fleece inner, this is how I make the cover part of my AI2s. The hidden PUL will make it completely waterproof but it will not breath as good with the fleece. That is what makes fleece and wool good for night time b/c they never leak and they breathe =)

My address for money orders and checks is

Dina Ramos

4534 David Dr.

Bartow, Fl 33830

I got his measurements, wrote them down and everything ; ) lemme know what exactly you would like and if you have anymore questions lemme know =)

Quoting paganbaby:

I was just on your site and it said that Polyester Fleece is great against leaks but will transfer moisture under compression. Does using two layers prevent that problem? And thanks for the deal!!! 18$ works :-) Question:  where do I mail the check and who do I make it out to?

Also did you get his measurements? I think I PMed them to you but I`m not sure. I`d tell you again but I forgot,lol.

paganbaby
by Member on Dec. 18, 2009 at 11:27 PM

Ok, for bubba I want the black diaper with the skulls and cross bones with the white minky inside. Is it going to be a AIO, or an AI2? And what kind of closure does it come with? I`m trying to go the cheapest route,lol.

Also, I`m going to need some diaper covers for my Sis. I`m thinking 6 should do for now. How much would that run me? Do you sell pre fold diapers too? Or only fitted? I was going to make some out of burp cloths but that`s going end up costing me about 5$ a diaper. A little steep for a pre fold if ya ask me :-)

Where did I go wrong...

I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness...

and would`ve stayed up with you all night...

had I known how to save a life...

Sunnyspot1118
by Group Owner on Dec. 19, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I can make which ever style you prefer! I make AI2s because I live in hot humid FL so AIOs never worked out for me. Snaps would be $18 and aplix velcro $17 and it would be a $1 more for an AI2 because of fabric. Personally I prefer snaps, especially with fleece becuase it velcro loves to stick to it and pull the fibers out and since its going on a big boy the snaps will hold better. Which ever you choose though Im fine making =)

I am assuming the 3month old is in a small (10-20lbs) so it would be $60 for 6 covers with a stay dry inner (minky or microchamois) or $52.20 with no stay dry inner (PUL is exposed). If you would like to buy mediums (15-30lbs)  that would be $65 with the soft inner or $57 with no inner fabric. It is all a matter of preference, with the stay dry inner fabric you may have to air them out in between uses if they are a lil damp but they are super soft on any parts that are exposed from the prefold. With the exposed PUL you can wipe clean but the PUL will stick to their skin like leather.

Prefolds ARE expensive to make LOL, you could buy an organic one for that price! I am buying prefolds through a coop on here. When we have enough orders for a case we will order them. Here is the link to the coop buy for the prefolds. HTH

You can send the payments together or separate which ever you prefer. I just need it before I ship out the diapers. Also add shipping, I think shipping will be $10.35 for a flat rate box.

Quoting paganbaby:

Ok, for bubba I want the black diaper with the skulls and cross bones with the white minky inside. Is it going to be a AIO, or an AI2? And what kind of closure does it come with? I`m trying to go the cheapest route,lol.

Also, I`m going to need some diaper covers for my Sis. I`m thinking 6 should do for now. How much would that run me? Do you sell pre fold diapers too? Or only fitted? I was going to make some out of burp cloths but that`s going end up costing me about 5$ a diaper. A little steep for a pre fold if ya ask me :-)

paganbaby
by Member on Dec. 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Ok, I`ll take a AI2 with snaps for Bubba's black diaper. And can make one for Audi too? I`d like the same style but with the black material with the pink flowers. Her measurements are 19 waist and 16 rise. I have a check made out for 40$ from Grandma. and I`ll add my own to cover the shipping. As far as the covers for Nicky, I`ll do a separate order and give you his measurements too. I`ll mail the check as soon as you get to me :-)

Quoting Sunnyspot1118:

I can make which ever style you prefer! I make AI2s because I live in hot humid FL so AIOs never worked out for me. Snaps would be $18 and aplix velcro $17 and it would be a $1 more for an AI2 because of fabric. Personally I prefer snaps, especially with fleece becuase it velcro loves to stick to it and pull the fibers out and since its going on a big boy the snaps will hold better. Which ever you choose though Im fine making =)

I am assuming the 3month old is in a small (10-20lbs) so it would be $60 for 6 covers with a stay dry inner (minky or microchamois) or $52.20 with no stay dry inner (PUL is exposed). If you would like to buy mediums (15-30lbs)  that would be $65 with the soft inner or $57 with no inner fabric. It is all a matter of preference, with the stay dry inner fabric you may have to air them out in between uses if they are a lil damp but they are super soft on any parts that are exposed from the prefold. With the exposed PUL you can wipe clean but the PUL will stick to their skin like leather.

Prefolds ARE expensive to make LOL, you could buy an organic one for that price! I am buying prefolds through a coop on here. When we have enough orders for a case we will order them. Here is the link to the coop buy for the prefolds. HTH

You can send the payments together or separate which ever you prefer. I just need it before I ship out the diapers. Also add shipping, I think shipping will be $10.35 for a flat rate box.

Quoting paganbaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)