Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recovering from h1n1

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 434 Total Views

So ladies.  I started getting sick November 6th.  Called the doctor and he called me in some zpack.  Monday I was still feeling horrible.  Wednesday I was admitted to the hospital at 37 weeks pregnant.  I was diagnosed by 2 doctors with H1N1 and slight pneumonia.  Not sure if it is definitely h1n1 but it was the flu, waiting to get my test back.  My right lung was almost completely shut off and I was put on oxygen. By Friday, the 13th, our baby started showing signs of distress.  I was so sick and all the medication was helping me but not her.  I had to have an emergency c-section and she was delivered at 10:34pm. Because of the steroids and stress she has a blood sugar problem.  She was hooked to an iv with sugar water and was also having to be fed through a tube from her nose to stomache.  She couldn't get her glucose level elevated. As of today she is off the iv (for now) and is getting better.  She is also eating every 3 hours and maintaining a reasonable level. Poor baby also has a heart murmur so they are doing an echocardiogram as we speak.  I am on the mend.  I am still congested and having problems with my breathing. Hopefully I will be able to go home soon!  Just wanted to let you ladies know.  She was born November 13, 10:34 pm, 37 weeks 2 days weighing 6lbs 10 oz, and 19 inches long.  Just keep us in your prayers for a good recovery!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Oh no! I am so glad you both survived! That must have been incredibly scary :( You'll have to post pics as soon as you can!

I am a 24 year old SAHM of 2 beautiful kids that are the light of my life and my reason for living! I've found the love of my life and we have made a beautiful home together. I'm starting college and am working toward an RN degree...Life is perfect!

2girlsMom.MN
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 5:32 PM

-Congrats- on your new baby girl!

I'm so sorry you had to go through this.. It was heartbreaking to watch my daughter's battle h1n1. I'm glad your both on the mend. I've had 2 preemies and we've dealth with feeding tubes and all that fun stuff too.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
momof2little1s
by Group Owner on Nov. 18, 2009 at 10:21 PM

I am so sorry! Your story is very simular to mine!  Congrats on your baby!  Hope you feel better soon!  Please update when you can!

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, Molly born 6/19/09 and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my wonderful husband Jeff for 6 yrs,  I am a domestic violence survivor,  infant loss survivor, swine flu 30 days in a medically induced coma survivor,  I am a attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, and a passionate breastfeeding momma who will breastfeed anywhere anytime my baby is hungry, My girls are my everything and I live for them! =-) That is me in a nutshell!

Worried about the swine flu? Join us:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/H1N1swineflu

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)