Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok, its been too long....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

Sorry that I am so unfaithful to this group ladies. As all of you Missionary wives know, it can get very busy. I will try to post more often. How is everyone's ministry going?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Laura2U
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:50 AM
It's going slow here. Most of the guys took the summer off because it's too hot and a lot of them are having health issues so they have dr appts. So it's just us and one other family. But the men of the church, the pastor, and some men from surrounding churches have been good about coming and helping. That relieves a lot of stress from my hubby! We are supposed to go to Arizona for the winter which would be fine, but if this baby is coming late February I'm not sure how that will work. I'm contemplating finding a doctor and hospital there and just having the baby there. We don't have a house in OK anyway, so I don't know why I would need to have the baby there. In fact, the more I think about it, the more it just makes sense to have the baby in Arizona, if that's where we end up this winter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danielzrib
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 5:13 PM

We had a pretty good Sunday, at least twenty in attendance. The preaching was great - Building your walk with the Lord! Most of our people are baby Christians, and we have one or two who are more mature.

Ladies' Meeting today was good! We covered the last half of a Prov. 31 study, and next week we start on women of the Bible. Toward the end of it, our beggar family walked in. (They always come right at the end of the service. :op ) I'm still figuring out what to do with them... That's a whole other post.

I've been so sick and worn out lately, it's good to be getting back into the swing of things.

What about you, Stacy? I really haven't gotten to know you. You're in Germany? Military base, or no?

missionarywifey
by Group Owner on Aug. 1, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I have gotten to know you much either and you are the successor of my IFB mom group LOL I have heard some great things about you though :-) Yes, we are in Germany. We have started a English speaking church here. We mainly minister to the Military, but we believe that the Gospel is for all and we invite all to come. Since our services are only in English right now, mostly only Military come. However, we have a German family that meets with us on Thursday nights to pray. They do not speak any English. So it gives us a good chance to work on our German. My husband is feeling a lot more comfortable with the language now, so he is planning to start a German service once a month where we will reach out to all in our area. Our goal when we are completely fluent is to have both English and German speaking services. The Military ministry is a very unstable one, so we have people come and go all the time. Especially working with the Army. One week we will have over 20, the next week we will have no one. Deployments and exercises come often. So we never really know what to expect. But we stay prepared waiting to give the Gospel to anyone that comes through. We have only been here for about a year now. The church we started is only 8 months old. We are still praying for the Lord to provide a building for us, so right now we meet in our home. That's about it I think. We have 6 kids as you may know, so between them, homeschooling, and church, we stay pretty busy. What about you?

danielzrib
by on Aug. 6, 2010 at 11:49 PM

We've been on the field since 2002. Our first term we spent studying the language, and laboring in a work already started by another missionary (who had died). That work has about 120 people attending now, has a national pastor, and is doing well. We took a furlough (nearly a year), then returned in 2008. We've been in a new area this term, and this church has had several difficulties. Have had to start over again twice, but things are going well now.

We have seven children, four of whom were born here. Homeschooling, homemaking, youth meeting and music on Saturday afternoons, and a ladies meeting on  Mondays - That's about all I do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)