Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Writing down your thoughts/ Journaling

Posted by (Group Owner) on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:06 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 159 Total Views

I have to say that one of the best things I or anyone could ever do when they feel stressed, or over whelmed is to write!

Even though I use to write all the time I gave it up .. I didn't feel like writing the poetry, the short stories. I think that was an out for me and I just didn't realize it at the time.

So when I started to get fearful, stressed ect. I found myself pulling out a notebook and jotting down my thoughts. Then I realized that maybe I wasn't the only one and I needed to find others that were just like me. I knew with kids, and jobs, and ect that even though I felt alone. I couldn't have been. So needless to say I started to journal on here as well. It helped alot as well and to think that others responded to my thoughts, feelings, and everything that was going on inside me. I admit the first one I wrote was all over the place and made little since. That's what this disorder does to you. It's like it takes over your mind, your thoughts, your feelings, it consumes you as I stated it.

Soo ... Here's the thing .. this works when your not at home. Carry around a small note pad if you feel like your getting anxious or jittery write down how you feel, rate it on a scale of 1-10. Keep writing and rating. You will start to see how you are responding to how you feel, and your body will find that calm. It's like you aren't feeling it anymore you are bringing it out of you and from the pen to the paper.

Also when your stressed, frustrated, overwhelmed... ect Grab a notbook and write it down. Dont yell at the kids, unless it's major, don't work yourself up any more than you are, don't go after the hubby and go postal on him unless of course it's major as well. YOu will find that you may write a few words or half a notebook. Fact is your letting those feelings out! Your notebook become an out an escape! Believe me I never thought I could find the time to write, then I made time.

One thing with this disorder is that if you don't take care of it and find the right support. It can cause major health problems, even end you up in a hospital... Oh, and write on the Good days to.. you want to see progress.

One more thing... If you become panic or start to feel anxiety try closing your eyes, yelling STOP! in your mind and try to imagine a stop sign. Do this several times if you need to. It will help that feeling before it gross to intense. DON"T EVER FIGHT PANIC.. It will win!

So write, and write and write... Good luck!

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Lb128f
by on Oct. 30, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Writing does help! I agree! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)