Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Furlough?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

Frank (my DH) told me today that *if* the government shuts down, he may be furloughed.  He is a government employee working for the IRS.

I'm actually torn about how to pray for this.  On the one hand, I don't want my husband to be without a job and us to be without an income.  On the other hand, I am tired of the Republicans and Democrats playing politics with each other and I would almost like to see one party call the other's bluff. 

The Congress has passed a two-week extension of current spending so we have a little while to get prepared, and Frank thinks they may keep doing this indefinitely.  (Just like a typical Congress!!) 

Oddly enough, I'm not that worried.  We have money in savings and we can pay our bills and keep food on the table. 

I guess the best thing to pray is that God's will be done!

Tina

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia." -- From Peanuts.

jigsaw ribbon

Betsy Ray/Tacy Kelly, 2012, Deep Valley Party.
Adam Savage/Jamie Hyneman, 2010, Mythbusters Party.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DDDaysh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I'm so sick of everyone fighting about things too.  It's like no one wants to actually take responsibility for anything, and the extremists on both sides aren't letting anyone compromise.  

I feel like the Democrats just won't admit that there are some programs that simply can't be funded right now.  We simply can't save the world and need to focus on programs that seriously benefit society by preventing future problems.  

I feel like the Republicans honestly believe that rich people are better than everyone else and refuse to consider the idea that all people have value.  I'm also sick of them ranting and raving about "small government" and "personal freedom" and then wanting to turn around and fight against gay civil rights and abortion.  (Don't get me wrong, I HATE abortion, but I just think making it illegal would cause more problems than we can handle.)  

I'm also seriously pissed that NEITHER extreme will touch social security at all.  I mean honestly, we're talking about raising the age for social security benefits for kids who haven't even started their education yet!  I know it sucks to think about not getting to retire until after 70, but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.  

I hope things go well with your husband's job - whichever way that might be.  

Dannille33 Group Owner
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I am so with you on this!!

It's really upsetting and I have stopped watching the news. Let Gods will be done I say. IT use to be.. listen to the people.. and compromise.. and do what's best for Americans. Now all I hear is chaos and hate, anger, and it makes me upset and scared.

Tina... I'm praying for your family. I know that things will be ok for you...Hugs!!!

Quoting DDDaysh:

I'm so sick of everyone fighting about things too.  It's like no one wants to actually take responsibility for anything, and the extremists on both sides aren't letting anyone compromise.  

I feel like the Democrats just won't admit that there are some programs that simply can't be funded right now.  We simply can't save the world and need to focus on programs that seriously benefit society by preventing future problems.  

I feel like the Republicans honestly believe that rich people are better than everyone else and refuse to consider the idea that all people have value.  I'm also sick of them ranting and raving about "small government" and "personal freedom" and then wanting to turn around and fight against gay civil rights and abortion.  (Don't get me wrong, I HATE abortion, but I just think making it illegal would cause more problems than we can handle.)  

I'm also seriously pissed that NEITHER extreme will touch social security at all.  I mean honestly, we're talking about raising the age for social security benefits for kids who haven't even started their education yet!  I know it sucks to think about not getting to retire until after 70, but if that's what it takes then that's what it takes.  

I hope things go well with your husband's job - whichever way that might be.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)