• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking a summer class online Little stressed

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

Some weeks back they sent email to our work email   We can take free summer classes.  Some teacher is offering them.  All computer related.  So I signed up to take Intro to Microsoft Office 2010.  That's what's on my lap top. But don't know to much about the program.  Just bits and pieces.  I get to work 3 weeks of the summer.  As summer we cut back on the food service and food served.  So my last day was Thursday the 19th.  My 1st of the 3 weeks to work is 4th of July week.   Friday I went on my work emails from home.  Got one from that teacher for my online class.  She said my book and course syllabus has been mailed to me.   There were some other things she wrote. That I don't remember  So today Saturday.  I go back to the work emails.  To reread what that teacher sent me.  Well they disabled my work email.  So saturdays they have 8-3pm hours for the help desk.  I called them to ask if my email gets shut off for summer.  Because they assume most us food workers don't work summer.   The guy says he didn't know.  Now my nerves are working bad.  He says Who am I.  I tell him my name.  What dept. I work in and that.   He says Oh Your a student.  No.  I am a part time food service worker in the cafeteria.  I am just taking this summer class.  Because work is paying for it.  He says are you sure you been getting Groupwise for your email.  Not G Mail.  Yes I get Groupwise the work email.   He says that can't be.  You have a G Mail.  No.  I never did.  He goes on what's your Cosmo number.  That's basically my employee number.  I give it to him.   He now sees me.  But still says It says I'm a student.  Not an employee.  Now my nerves are really getting to me.  I'm ready to snap.  I said then I can't log into the virtual thing from home to do my time sheet.   So does this also mean?  If I log on to the time sheets from a work computer.    Will my Cosmo number be deactivated also?   He didn't know.   That he'd fill out a ticket as they call it.  To have the tech person look into it.  

So then from my Road Runner home email.  I sent message to my boss Dee Dee.  Asking her about the email issue.  That when I come work in July for my first week.  Will I be able to log into a time sheet.  Or will I have been total deactivated.    Even if I wasn't working any part of summer.  But was returning in August.  I should not of been deactivated anyways.  Last time this happened.  Someone thought I no longer worked there.  It was some big hassle to fix it.    So for this online class.  Forget that G Mail.  I'll email all my work from my Road Runner email.  Telling the teacher.  This is the only email I use.  The work email was only so I could do time sheets.  Never got nothing that important to the work email.  Although I did check work email daily.  I figure the day I didn't check it.  Someone had something to say directly to me.   Work itself has been going good otherwise.  Still waiting to see if I get one of the open full time positions.  2 are opening up.  One was posted as pot washer yesterday.  I submitted to it.  Then June 30th.  One of the full time cashiers is retiring.  Her position has not been posted yet.  When it is I will submit for it.  Hoping by the end of summer I can go full time.   I hope to be able to destress over summer.  

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Dannille33 Group Owner
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Well I hope every thing works out.. How very frustrating!!!! Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcoffeecup
by on May. 22, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Today I did the first lesson for that class.  It was comparing Windows XP and Windows 7.  Had to write 2 pages on it.  I don't know how that related to Office 2010.  I thought we'd dip right into that program.  I'm not good with words.  So on each topic related to bother Windows programs.  I wrote my thoughts.  Hope it's acceptable.  As learning Office 2010 has nothing to do with how well my English skills are.  It could be if I was typing lots of letters and documents. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)