Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

---Earth Clinic Newsletter packed full of remedies---

Posted by   + Show Post

http://curezone.com/blogs/fm.asp?i=1434211

Hello and welcome to our latest newsletter! Earth Clinic is proud to be a unique forum for discussing health concerns and remedies with your peers and a few knowledgeable friends of the site, but in our concern for your health and safety we ask you to please keep in mind that this newsletter - like everything on our site - offers only advice.

In the complicated world of health our general educational materials give you a great start on your journey to a healthier life. Still, there is no substitute for a conversation with your own doctor to help you sort through all medical advice - conventional and traditional - in light of your own medical history and situation. Please, never embark on a new treatment or diet without talking to a physician or pharmacist about your unique needs and concerns.

That said we hope you'll appreciate this occasional newsletter, offering contributions from readers and popular contributors like Ted, with all the best of what's new at Earth Clinic. We know that when life presents its challenges, you draw on the strength and wisdom of friends and the communities that love you, and we pledge that Earth Clinic will be one of those communities you can rely on for a hand to hold on your path to greater health and happiness!

by on Jan. 8, 2010 at 9:03 AM
Replies (11-13):
JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Jan. 8, 2010 at 10:53 AM

WHITE VINEGAR AND A PENNY FOR RINGWORM

03/13/2009: Sherry from New Orleans, Louisiana writes:

"My Grandmother would always cure the family's ringworm with white vinegar and a penny. She would soak the penny in a cup of vinegar over night and then place the penny on the site with a bandage.

The results are amazing in that the ring worm would began drying the same day and the itching would almost cease immediately. I reminded my brother of this remedy when my niece had a ring worm. He stated that he soaked the penny over night but only applied the penny periodically ( no bandage) and it worked just like always! Thank you grandma!"

Additional Ringworm Remedies

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Jan. 8, 2010 at 10:56 AM

PAPER BAG TECHNIQUE FOR MIGRAINES

03/10/2009: Wanda from Sykesville, Md writes: "Migraines & paper bags:

Whenever I get auras, sparkles and blurred vision and feel a migraine headache coming on, I grab a lunchbag (McDonald's bag works fine), and breathe in and out of it for 20 minutes. The carbon dioxide that I breathe back in helps constrict the expanded blood vessels which create the pounding headache in a migraine. I've used this technique for several years, with great success."

Additional Migraine Remedies

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2012 at 8:23 AM

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/onions.html

Onion Cures

In addition to being our best home remedy to relieve severe vomiting, onions are revered as a natural cure for a wide variety of disorders and as a general antibiotic that can back up the body's own immune system.

The onion, like all members of the allium family, is rich in sulfur. That sulfur content can lend the onion antibiotic and antiseptic qualities that are often put to good use by the naturopath or home remedy practitioner for both internal and external use. For centuries, onions have been touted as the one thing that might be able to kill a flu infection, and many families have passed that remedy through the generations!

Natural Cures: In particular, onions are recommended for respiratory conditions, including coughs and colds. Taken raw it can be a good expectorant. Onion juice mixed equally with honey is a popular cough syrup. Their flavonoids and sulfur compounds make onions beneficial for the heart, cholesterol levels, diabetes, arthritis, and generally as an antioxidant.

DISCLAIMER
Our readers offer information and opinions on Earth Clinic, not as a substitute for professional medical prevention, diagnosis, or treatment. Please consult with your physician, pharmacist, or health care provider before taking any home remedies or supplements or following any treatment suggested by anyone on this site. Only your health care provider, personal physician, or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs or diagnose your particular medical
history.

CANCER

Ratings:
YEA

[YEA] 04/23/2009: Gabriela from Pahoa, HI: "Onion Juice for Cancer:

"Onion Juice Therapy for Cancer is a concentrated method for absorbing as much of the beneficial elements from onions as possible, specifically for the treatment of various forms of cancer. While supported by widely recognized scholars in the Sufi tradition and practiced for centuries contemporary scientific evidence is limited outside of new studies that have proven certain varieties of onions to be much more effective than others in fighting cancer. These studies are spawning new interest in how to increase the consumption of onions in your diet and how best to administer onions in fighting cancer. The medicinal use of juices is common in {juice fasting} which is recommended for a wide variety of illnesses."

Source: http://curezone.org/forums/fmp.asp?i=1371688"

[YEA] 02/08/2007: Sandy from Walnut Creek, CA: "Boil a small amount of yellow onions in water. Cool and strain. A sort of onion tea. Feed to colicy infant. Cherokee Indian recipe"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN