Ant hills are formed by industrious legions of worker ants for meeting a variety of their purposes like dwelling, storing the foods and mating. In other words, the ant hills are the piles of earth, sand or clay found at the entrances of ant colonies due to an excavation-spree conducted by the ant workers to form ant colonies. Ant hills often become a tremendous problem for all the house owners whenever they are noticed over the lawn or nearby field of their house or mansion. Spoiling a spontaneous look of entire premises and posing a danger to the children, the ant hills compel naturally the house owners to get rid of unwanted ants and thus eliminate the ant hills from their premises as soon as possible. But being novice in getting rid of ant hills efficiently, maximum number of house owners fail to accomplish their goal and are needed to learn how to get rid of ant hills efficiently and quickly.
Ant hills are formed following a relentless effort by all the ant workers to build their nest for storing foods, residing and mating to expand their family. Being diligent by their nature the ants never loose a courage and can build their damaged colony again obstinately, posing in this way a challenge in a form of another ant hill. So all those seeking to get rid of ant hills should apply the proven tactics, effective enough to discourage the legions of worker ants from building their nests and forming thereafter the ant hills over the ground.
If you’ve mustered a courage to tame the ants and get rid of ant hills for ever, you should take effective steps and proper care as well, so that your goal can easily be accomplished making you feel boast of getting rid of ant hills with a great a success. Follow the guidelines being presented over here on how to get rid of ant hills without any difficulty.
- Grits– Sprinkle the grits all over the ant hills. It will cause a tremendous suffocation to the ants exterminating them all the on the spot. Following extermination of all the ants you easily can remove the ant hills from the area.
- Boric acid– Another effective way to get rid of ant hills is placing the mixture of boric acid and sugar over the ant hills which will kill all the ants helping you in this way to eliminate existing ant hills with a ease.
- Boiling water– Pour the boiling water into the ant nest. Such tactic also has got to kill all the ants and help you get rid of ant hill. Some times pouring the boiling water into the ant hills fails to kill the queen which keeps the ant hill problem alive. In order to get rid of ant hills completely, you should ensure that the queen ant also is killed and using the bait is the only way to get rid of not only ant hill but ant nest as well.
- Ant bait- Consumed by all the ant workers, the bait subsequently kills the queen helping you thus get rid of ant hills what you impatiently must be yearning for.
- Sodium borate– Pour a preparation, made of Sodium borate (BORAX) dissolved in the hot honey, over the ant hills. Extincting the ants such preparation has got to get you rid of ant hills keeping your eyes wide open.
- Turmeric powder– Turmeric powder also works in chasing the ants effectively.
- Burn the ants through the gasoline– Its intensive flames will exterminate all the ants residing inside the nest within a few seconds. People seeking to learn how to get rid of ant hills should know that the ant despise the hot places and using hot and burning materials has got to make them flee from the area, helping you, in this way, get rid of ant hills and ant nest simultaneously.
- Carbon dioxide- Causing a suffocation to ant queen, it exterminates all the ants completely. Being nature friendly it does not cause any other damage to the nearby plants or crucial grasses that other is likely to accrue through gasoline, water and digging the ant hill through shovel.