Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

---21 days of fasting---

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • 24 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

http://praisemoves.com/2013/01/21-days-of-fasting-completed-dare-to-believe/

Previous Entries:

Radio Interview with Pastor Jentezen Franklin (author of “The Fasting Edge”)

Fasting How & Why?

DAY ONE – Delight in the Lord (instead of food?)

DAY TWO - Loosed from Wickedness

DAY THREE – Undo Heavy Burdens NOW

DAY FOUR – DO and then Feel

DAY FIVE – Oppressed, Go Free!

DAY SIX – YOU Break Every Yoke

DAY SEVEN – What are You Feeding On?

DAY EIGHT – Overcoming Temptation

DAY NINE – The Mind of Christ

DAY TEN – Illumination from God

DAY ELEVEN – Keep on Wenting

DAY TWELVE – Righteousness Before You

DAY THIRTEEN – What is Your WHY?

DAY FOURTEEN – Call on the Lord

DAY FIFTEEN – We Have Dominion?

DAY SIXTEEN – Whatever You Do will Prosper

DAY SEVENTEEN - His Angels have Charge Over You

DAY EIGHTEEN – He Gives Living Water

DAY NINETEEN – Get Out of Town!

DAY TWENTY – Planting Seeds of Self-Discipline

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:21 AM

21 Days of Fasting - Delight in the Lord (instead of food?) Monday 7 January 2013 | 4:10 pm | Laurette Willis

DAY ONE. "Trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) in the Lord and do good; so shall you dwell in the land and feed surely on His faithfulness, and truly you shall be fed. Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart" (Psalm 37:3-4, Amplified).

I think this may be one of the most difficult things for many of us to do. We may not have a problem delighting ourselves in the Lord when we know we can have our favorite treat in a few minutes, or later on in the day.

But delighting ourselves in the Lord INSTEAD of food - especially our favorite treat? Oh me - HOW can we do that?!!!  

Delight = Be soft & pliable

Interestingly, the word translated "delight" in Psalm 37:4 is actually anag (pronounced aw-nahg) which means to be soft and pliable (like clay in the hands of the Master Potter!).

Ready to cave in - or thinking of food-ing instead of fast-ing?

Here's what helps me: Praise FAST!!! As fast as I can I begin praising and thanking the Lord. As soon as I feel my resolve fading, I quickly switch into focusing on the Lord and praising Him-rejoicing and delighting myself in Him, thus making myself pliable in His hands instead of conforming to the desires of my flesh nature.

Does it work?

Absolutely! When you take action, and by faith delight yourself in the Lord (becoming pliable like clay in the hands of the Master), He fills your renewed vessel with a fulness that comes from pure joy!

And what is your strength? Yes! "The JOY of the Lord is your strength!" (Neh. 8:10).

Why not DO IT right now! Don't just "try it" - let's actually DO it!

Repeat out loud: "I thank You, Lord, that You give me the desires of my heart when I delight myself in You. Oh, it is so easy to rejoice in Your love and delight myself in You - to be molded like clay in Your hands. I love You, Father God! I love You, Lord Jesus! I love You, precious Holy Spirit! I praise You! I worship and adore You, most holy, holy Lord God! Glory to You forevermore!!! Dear Lord, please fill me to the full with Your joy and your love by your precious Holy Spirit. I am filled to overflowing with the Joy of the Lord! Hallelujah! Thank You, Lord, for giving me the desires of my heart!"

WOW! How do you feel now?

Please share your comments with us below - and share/like this post if it's been helpful to you. We're in this together! Hallelujah!

Previous Entries:

Radio Interview with Pastor Jentezen Franklin (author of "The Fasting Edge")

Fasting How & Why?

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM

21 Days of Fasting - Loosed from Wickedness Tuesday 8 January 2013 | 3:31 pm | Laurette Willis

DAY TWO: "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?" (Isaiah 58:6)

Reward #1: To loose the bonds of wickedness...

In Matthew 6:17-19, Jesus tells us not to make an outward or prideful show of our fasting to men, but instead let it be unto the Lord "and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

You can expect to be rewarded by God for fasting. This is not a selfish thing, since you are seeking rewards that come from a lifestyle which honors God.

Bonds are things that hold you back (in bondage). Hebrews 12:1 says, "Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..."

We've all known believers who know the Lord yet do not seem to live a victorious life, or they seem to be held in bondage to carnal desires. They seem to be held back and nothing seems to work for them. They may be held back by bonds of wickedness of their own doing-self-sabotaging habits and addictions that keep tripping them up.

Only prayer and fasting can loose these bonds so they can go forward in the things of God.

How about you?

Are there bonds of wickedness in your life the Lord is seeking to loose you from in this fast? Let Him.

Please pray with me, "Father God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. I repent of sin-I turn away from lusts of the flesh and appetites which do not honor You. I declare that You have set me free from the power of the enemy, and from every bond of wickedness. My heart's only desire is to love You with all my heart, mind and strength, and to love others as I love myself. I am strong in the Lord and in the Power of Your might! You are making me more like Jesus every day, and I will fulfill Your perfect plan for my life, by Your grace, in Jesus' name. Amen."

"Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed" (John 8:36).

Please share your comments with us below - and share/like this post if it's been helpful to you. He is faithful!

Previous Entries:

Radio Interview with Pastor Jentezen Franklin (author of "The Fasting Edge")

Fasting How & Why?

DAY ONE - Delight Yourself in the Lord (instead of food?)

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

21 Days of Fasting - Undo Heavy Burdens NOW Wednesday 9 January 2013 | 12:43 am | Laurette Willis

DAY THREE: "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?" (Isaiah 58:6)

We learned yesterday that there are rewards for fasting-and we can believe God for them.

Reward #2: To undo the heavy burdens.

The Hebrew word translated "undo" means "to tear off." Fasting does more than merely get rid of the burdens God never wanted us to carry-it violently TEARS THEM OFF!

Many of us have carried burdens for years that we were never meant to carry. What are some of these burdens? Guilt? Remorse? Regret? False responsibility? Sometimes we may even be trying to do God's job (He IS the "Burden Bearer"). We are to cast our cares on Him, not hold on to cares and worry about them.

In fact, I like to say that "Worry is meditating on the devil's thoughts."

What IS Your Job? (It's just 3 things)

"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?" Micah 6:8.

To do justly - To love justice and what is right-and to do what is right because it is right.

To love mercy - Do you extend mercy to others, or only to yourself? "Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy" (Matthew 5:7).

To walk humbly with your God - The word "with" jumps out at me here. Are you walking WITH God? Or are you trying to walk ahead of Him-or does He seem distant because you have not invested time with Him lately? When we walk humbly with the Lord, we don't do all of the talking. We do a lot of the listening and meditating on what He has said in His Word and in our heart to us.

What are 3 burdens you want the Lord to undo for you? What are you ready to have torn off and undone from your life?

Burden #1: __________________

Burden #2: __________________

Burden #3: __________________

Are you ready to LET GO of them? Casting your care on the Lord is an act of humility that also protects you from the enemy.

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Peter 5:6-8).

HE cares for you-it's HIS job, not yours. Let go of these burdens and cares by faith - give them to Him. Completely. In return, receive His peace. Glory to God! Thank You, Jesus!

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

21 Days of Fasting - DO and then Feel Thursday 10 January 2013 | 1:23 am | Laurette Willis

DAY FOUR: "Faith without works is dead" (James 2:26).

I want to share an awesome word I received this morning in my heart when I awoke:

"DO and then Feel."

Many of us are led by our feelings or thoughts instead of by our born-again spirit, or the Word of God.

We may wait until we FEEL like doing something before we do it-even if we know it's the right thing to do (like exercising, fasting, praying, giving, forgiving...).

I believe the Lord is telling us NOT to wait until we feel like doing the right thing. Train ourselves to "Just DO It" and the appropriate feelings will follow.

That happened to me today! I purposed this morning that I would do Power PraiseMoves in the afternoon-whether I felt like it or not!  

Well, the time came around and I didn't feel like it, but I had purposed in my heart that I would. And then the word I got this morning echoed in my spirit: "DO and then Feel."

I went ahead and did my Power PraiseMoves workout - and you know what happened? Shortly after I started my workout, I felt marvelous and wanted to keep going. I felt great! The movement and God's Word together just lifted me up to a higher place than I'd been all day! "WOW! This really works!" I thought. Yea, Jesus!

Instead of allowing your body to dictate to your spirit, have your spirit dictate to your body, mind, will and emotions.

Paul the apostle said, "I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified" (1 Corinthians 9:27).

Disciplining your body is something YOU do.

And bring it under subjection to what? How about to the Word of God? If God's Word (the Bible) says I'm healed, I'm healed. If God's Word says to forgive, or fast, or give tithes and offerings (all of which it does!), I can do that!

But what if I don't FEEL like it? One thing I do is what I call "Praise through the Breakthrough." I start thanking and praising God that I have the victory in line with what I have believed God in His Word to supply me - whether it be healing, forgiveness, wisdom, finances, guidance...NO MATTER HOW I FEEL.

Being Holy Spirit-led, your body, mind, will and emotions WILL line up - if you don't give up.

What ARE God's Promises?

Now, if you don't know what God's promises to you are in a certain area-look them up! It's been said that "Faith begins where the Will of God is known." Study God's Word and His promises to you. Write them down on index cards and place them around the house where you'll see them (that's what I did when I was new in the faith-it works!!!).

Do PraiseMoves! That's a great way to make the Word of God a part of you. Every posture in PraiseMoves corresponds to an appropriate scripture from the Bible. People tell us again and again that they could never memorize Bible verses before PraiseMoves, but now it's easy. Glory to God!

Remember that "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17) - especially the Word of God you hear coming out of YOUR mouth! You will be "transformed by the renewing of your mind" on God's Word instead of being conformed to this world and its temporary circumstances (Romans 12:2).

Try it with me right now. Fill in the blank depending upon your own situation and what you are believing is yours according to God's promises.

Say it aloud. "I thank You, Lord! It feels so good to know that ________!!! Oh, I am so grateful that _______!!!" Add whatever words suit your situation (whether for health, wholeness, prosperity, family salvation, job or ministry...). Based on God's Word and Promises, you cannot fail (because He cannot lie!).

Do Not Exalt Your Feelings or Experiences Over God's Word.

No matter what you or anyone else has experienced before, do not "Yeah, But" yourself out of God's best for YOUR life! Maybe you've failed before. It doesn't mean you'll fail now. Don't give up on God or His promises to you. He hasn't brought you this far to drop you now!

Your recreated, born-again human spirit has the precious Holy Spirit on the inside of you. He is your Teacher and Guide who will lead you into ALL truth (John 14:26). You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you! (Philippians 4:13)

Say it! Believe it! "I have it now! It is mine! Thank You, Lord Jesus! You are Faithful and True! Amen!"

DO AND THEN FEEL. Do God's will God's way and your feelings WILL line up - if you don't Give Up!

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:29 AM

21 Days of Fasting - Oppressed, Go Free! Thursday 10 January 2013 | 11:40 pm | Laurette Willis

DAY FIVE: "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?" (Isaiah 58:6).

Fasting has rewards (Matthew 6:17-19) - "and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

Fasting Reward #3: To let the oppressed go free.

The Hebrew word picture for oppression reminds us of a damaged, cracked vessel. Oppression wears on a person, causing internal "fractures." Fasting helps "mend" the vessel so you can be the awesome "vessel of honor" God has called you to be. Fasting accelerates the mending process.

You Can Fast for Yourself as well as Others -

Are you feeling oppressed? Does it feel like there are fractures on the inside of your heart or soul? The Lord wants you to be set free-believe that He has already paid the price for your freedom. Receive it now, praise Him for it, and walk it out by faith, rejoicing in your freedom.

The battle may be between your ears - and what comes out of your mouth will determine who wins. Remember there is tremendous power in praise. That's why the praisers preceded the Israelites into battle. As they praised, the Lord secured the victory FOR them!

Oppression Others are Facing

There may be people around you who are experiencing oppression from the enemy of their soul - in their thought life, and from people in their own family. Within your own sphere of influence there may be people feeling very weighted down by the cares of the world.

You can include them in your prayers during your fast-whether you know them or not. Ask the Lord to put certain people on your heart as you pray. You can "stand in the gap" for them.

"Those from among you
Shall build the old waste places;
You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In" (Isaiah 58:12).

When Jesus walked the earth, He set the oppressed free.

"God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him" (Acts 10:38).

I remember a friend of mine, Linda, suffered horribly from rheumatoid arthritis. Her son decided to fast for her healing. She was noticeably improved after that and the pain she had been experiencing for years was greatly diminished.

Let Jesus set you free during this period of fasting-and let Him use you to help heal those who are oppressed, and bind up the brokenhearted.

Confession: Thank You, Jesus for setting me free! You have healed me in spirit, soul and body. Thank You for loosing the bonds of wickedness (I let my thoughts and eyes dwell only on those things that are pure and wholesome). Thank You for undoing the heavy burdens (I refuse to carry the burdens of the past any longer), and thank You for freeing me from all oppression (I am MORE than a conqueror through Christ Jesus-I am not oppressed! Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world! I am free because Jesus lives in me!). AMEN!!!

DAY FIVE - What is the meaning of 5 in the Bible?

A number of GRACE. To the Ancient Hebrews, the number five represented God's grace, as seen in the structure of the tabernacle in the wilderness. There were five pillars at the end of the Holy Place. The pillars were five cubits apart and five cubits high. The brazen altar was five cubits by five cubits. The sides of the tabernacle were reinforced by five bars on each side (Exodus 26:26-27). The inner covering of the tabernacle had five curtains attached to five other curtains for a total of ten curtains (Exodus 26:3). There were also five original priests: Aaron and his four sons (Exodus 28:1)

A number of PREPARATION. The first five books of the Bible (the Torah) prepare you for Israel's story throughout the rest of the Bible. The five wise virgins were prepared (Matthew 25:2). David, in preparing to meet Goliath in battle, took up five smooth stones. The five-fold ministry is to prepare and perfect the saints (apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors or teachers - Ephesians 4:11-12). Through the five-fold ministry, the Word of God goes forth into all the earth.

How is God preparing YOU to fit into one of these five because of His grace?

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:31 AM

21 Days of Fasting - YOU Break Every Yoke Saturday 12 January 2013 | 12:59 am | Laurette Willis

DAY SIX: "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?" (Isaiah 58:6).

We're learning that fasting has rewards (Matthew 6:17-19) - "and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly."

Reward #4: To break every yoke.

A yoke is a bondage or a bad habit that you cannot seem to break and leave behind you for good. When you fast, bad habits ARE broken. They absolutely are! Addictions to various foods or drinks are broken when you fast.

In addition to substances (food, alcohol, drugs), any and every yoke (addiction or dependency) can be broken.

These include:  

Behaviors (self-pity, critical spirit, self-condemnation, gossip)

Emotions (anger, rage, lust, excitement, neediness, jealousy, envy, suspicion)

Activities (entertainment, games, TV shows, Facebook, golf, gambling) - and there are many more.

Humans can be addicted to almost anything.

We want to be yoked to the Lord, not addictive substances. Years ago, Christian artist Carman had an album "Addicted to Jesus." That's a yoke we can LIVE with! "My yoke is easy and My burden is light," Jesus said in Matthew 11:30.

YOGA Means "YOKE"

Believe-it-or-not, there are many addicted (yoked) to the practice of yoga, not realizing it is Hinduism and thus yoked to a different god. In fact, the postures in yoga are "offerings to the 330 million Hindu gods" (see "Why a Christian ALTERNATIVE to Yoga?" ). I did yoga for 22 years (ages 7-29), so I understand its pull, lulling mind-numbing effect and pride-based deception.

Thank God there's PraiseMoves which incorporates the Word of God with movement, thus enhancing our relationship with the Lord and building on Faith AND Fitness!

Comfort Food vs. The Comforter

ANYTHING that we turn to for comfort which does not include THE Comforter, the Holy Spirit of our Lord Jesus Christ, can become an addiction. We need our "fix" - and the sad part is, nothing and no One but Jesus can "fix" us.

Addictions to sugar, nicotine, caffeine and unhealthy food portions are broken by fasting. We're consecrating ourselves - walking in the spirit more and not fulfilling the lusts of the flesh. We know we can do it now. God can work in and through us more easily. We can hear His still, small voice more readily. When we leave the fast, the opportunity then comes to "LIVE THE FASTED LIFE" and not go back to the way we were.

Wait a minute...YOU break every yoke? Who, ME?

Notice the scripture says, "And that you break every yoke"? YOU break the yoke? How?

I heard a Bible teacher once say that when he realized the hold that Coca-cola had on him, he decided he would never drink it again. And he never did. "I didn't want to let anything have that kind of hold over me again. That was 30 years ago. I recently found I was a little too fond of iced tea, so I stopped it for a few weeks, just to prove I could. Now I have it every so often, but it doesn't have a hold on me - I don't HAVE TO have it."

That's important. Those *little* addictions can lead to big open doors for the enemy. I'm thinking more about my treat or my golf game than I am investing time in my relationship with the Lord. I'd rather watch TV or chat with friends online-and perhaps the Lord wants me on my FACE before Him, not Facebook.

YOU determine to do it, and ask the Lord to help you. Fasting gives you the strength to follow-through.

Please pray with me-Declare Out Loud: "Lord, this is the fast that YOU have chosen for me. Thank You for loosing the bonds of wickedness in my life. You have undone every heavy burden. I am no longer oppressed, for You have set me free. And now, I declare that the power of every yoke, every bondage, addiction and unhealthy dependency is BROKEN, OBLITERATED AND DESTROYED from my life. The anointing of the Lord is upon me by His grace - His anointing is the "burden removing, yoke destroying power of God." You have set me free, Lord God! I am free indeed and I walk in newness of life, and I will never be the same again! I'm yoked to Jesus - and His yoke is EASY and His burden is light! I'm FREE! Glory to God, thank You, Father God!"

Now continue to thank God throughout your day today. Thank Him that you ARE free (you ARE!!!). You are moving more into the image of Jesus Christ - from glory to glory (and from there to more glory and GLORY - all to the glory of the Lord!).

"Christ in YOU, the hope of glory!" (Colossians 1:27).

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 AM

21 Days of Fasting - What are You Feeding On? Sunday 13 January 2013 | 12:38 am | Laurette Willis

DAY SEVEN: Jesus said something quite remarkable to His disciples in John 4:34, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work."

What an extraordinary thing to say! His "food" (a noun) became an action ("do," a verb).

In Greek, "do" is "poiéō" which carries with it the suggestion that the action produces something which takes on a life of its own.

In Zodhiates' The Complete Word Study New Testament he writes, "Poiéō may well refer to the doing once and for all, the producing and bringing forth something which, when produced, has an independent existence of its own."

That's sort of like Christianity, isn't it? The Church seems to have an independent existence of its own, yet is inextricably linked as the Body of Christ to its Head, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Since we are Christians ("little Christs"), we are to be imitators of Him "as dear children."

What are You Feeding On?

How many of us can say our FOOD is to do the will of Him who sent us? I ask myself, "What am I really ‘feeding on' physically, mentally, and spiritually? Have I ‘eaten' today; have I been doing the will of the Father, or merely filling my mouth and mind with ‘empty calories' and meaningless activity-just filling time?"

I purpose to eat at His table, in His presence, so that His will be done in my life. His food is truly filling and fulfilling.

Have you ‘eaten' today?

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:35 AM

21 Days of Fasting - Overcoming Temptation Sunday 13 January 2013 | 11:56 pm | Laurette Willis

DAY EIGHT: "It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:4).

Temptations come to us all, just as they came to Jesus. He battled satan with the Word of God and won. So can you.

It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that the enemy tempted both Adam in the garden and Jesus in the wilderness with food. It certainly is an area of captivation for many of us. Satan offered Jesus the temptation of physical food after He had been fasting for 40 days. Immediately Jesus opposed him with the Word, "It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God‘" (Matthew 4:4).

Victory Over the Flesh

Your victory over the flesh will not come from the perfect diet or exercise routine (not even PraiseMoves! ha!), but from renewing your mind on the perfect Word of God and cultivating the fruits of the Spirit (self-control, faithfulness and patience in particular).

When your mind is renewed on the Word, you will find yourself making choices in line with the Word. Self-control will become easier. Decisions based on love will begin to win over decisions based on selfishness. The restraints you place on your life will no longer be grievous, but safe boundaries wherein you experience freedom and peace.

Tempted to Give Up?

God will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to tolerate or endure. "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it" (1 Corinthians 10:13).

That means not only the temptation to overeat, to lose our temper, to procrastinate or not exercise. I believe it also relates to the temptation to give up standing in faith.

If you are standing on God's Word for healing or the salvation of loved ones; for prosperity, favor, or any of God's promises, you will be tempted to quit many times. You can escape that temptation through prayer, speaking the Word aloud, thanking God for the victory, singing praises-whatever will stir your faith to believe the truth in spite of the temporary circumstances screaming the opposite message at you.

Believe is a Verb-an ACTION

While "faith" is a noun, "believe" is a verb, an action. One definition of "believe" that has helped me understand it better is this: "taking action on the Word of God." That makes sense, doesn't it? Since James 2:26 says, "faith without works is dead," believing is acting on the Word no matter what the facts may say. Facts are temporary and subject to change. Truth, however, is eternal. The Word of God is truth.

What is just ONE thing you can do right now to act in faith, believing that what you are praying for is a reality? Here's a simple one I do a lot: "Thank You, Lord!" That's it! I thank God that my prayers have been heard and are coming to pass.

Jesus said "whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them" (Mark 11:24). In the Greek the word receive is actually "take."

What do you do when someone offers you a beautiful birthday gift? Fold your arms across your chest and turn in the opposite direction? I hope not! You reach out your hands and take what is being given to you. And then what did our mothers teach us to say? "Thank you!"

Be a Child!

I'll tell you, if you will allow yourself to be a precious, foolish child of God for a moment (which you are if you know Jesus!)-just throw your hands up in the air and say, "Thank You, Lord! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!" over and over again-right from your heart.

"I thank You Lord that You have given me the way of escape in temptation. Your Word tells me that I overcome through You, because You have already won the victory for me! I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I hear Your voice and follow, and the voice of a stranger I will not follow. Your will is being done in my life and I am full to overflowing with the goodness and joy of the Lord, by Your grace in Jesus' name!"

Remember what we covered in Day One (Delight in the Lord-instead of food?): "Here's what helps me: Praise FAST!!! As fast as I can I begin praising and thanking the Lord. As soon as I feel my resolve fading, I quickly switch into focusing on the Lord and praising Him-rejoicing and delighting myself in Him, thus making myself pliable in His hands instead of conforming to the desires of my flesh nature." This is a powerful way to overcome temptation and grow stronger and stronger in the Lord.

Feeding on the Bread of Life

These are all actions done in faith. And since "faith without works is dead" (James 2:20) and we "through faith and patience inherit the promises" (Hebrews 6:12), there is tremendous POWER in these faith-filled activities-activities which lead to the fulfillment of seeing your prayers and desires made manifest.

Yes, they seem foolish to the carnal mind. Your mind wants proof and hard facts (that's why it needs to be "renewed" on God's Word, according to Romans 12:2).

Your mind and feelings reside more in the temporary, changing world of the senses. Your heart (your spirit, the real you) feeds on the bread of life within God's Word and enjoys intimate communion with the precious Holy Spirit. Since "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1), those things you do in faith (praising, thanksgiving, taking action on your faith as God directs) can speed their manifestation.

Faith-filled Words in Prayer and Praise-The Way of Escape in Temptation

This is not some airy-fairy New Age-y make-believe. This is taking God AT His Word, IN His Word and THROUGH His Word-thanking Him in advance, knowing He cannot lie.

I once heard a great man of God say that the Lord told him in prayer, "I have told My people they could have what they say, but they have been saying what they have." Don't make that mistake. Say what the Lord says you have, what He has already given you and revealed to you in His Word.

In 2 Corinthians 4:18 Paul tells us we can SEE with the eye of faith: "We do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." Since God has already given us "all things that pertain to life and godliness through the knowledge of Him" (2 Peter 1:3), we have the answer to our prayers by faith-in Him.

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will (His Word), He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him" (1 John 5:14-15).

And since you know that you HAVE, what do you say? ("Thank You, Lord" ?) :)

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM

21 Days of Fasting - The Mind of Christ Tuesday 15 January 2013 | 12:55 am | Laurette Willis

DAY NINE: "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond-servant, and coming in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:5-7).

LET this mind be in you...

"But the unspiritual man simply cannot accept the matters which the Spirit deals with-they just don't make sense to him, for, after all, you must be spiritual to see spiritual things. The spiritual man, on the other hand, has an insight into the meaning of everything, though his insight may baffle the man of the world. This is because the former is sharing in God's wisdom, and ‘Who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?' Incredible as it may sound, we who are spiritual have the very thoughts of Christ!" (1 Corinthians 2:14-16, Phillips Translation).

We have the Mind of Christ the Bible tells us. We have access to His very thoughts. We have the Word of God in the Bible and we have the precious Holy Spirit as our Teacher and our Guide. It is imperative that we be sensitive to His still, small voice.

YOU are responsible for your own spiritual growth (Romans 12:1-2, Ephesians 4:22-24, 1 Peter 2:2). You must train you spirit to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's direction.

HOW? 4 simple steps:

1. Meditate on the Word of God

I did a quick video on Christian Meditation HERE (what the Bible calls meditation is NOT what the world or Eastern Mysticism calls meditation). Bible-based meditation follows along the lines of Joshua 1:8 which says, "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success."

If you only read a scripture a day or breeze through a proverb for a minute in the morning, you will not train your spirit to be sensitive to the voice of God and the Mind of Christ. You must become intimately aware of and familiar with His voice and thoughts in the Scripture. These ARE His words and thoughts, after all.

2. DO and Practice the Word

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was" (James 1:22-24).

Become a doer of the Word, and not a hearer only. If you're only hearing the Word in church or on television or CDs, and not DOING what the Word says, you're deceiving yourself. You're not following what God wants you to do.

When you encounter a trying situation in your everyday life, instead of reacting from your emotions or limited logic, stop. Consider if there is a scriptural principle which covers it.

You "LET" this mind of Christ be in you. You can do a "WWJD: What Would Jesus Do?" Stop and consider the Mind-of-Christ choice instead of the Mind-of-Susie or the Mind-of-Bob.

Example: Calling on the Mercy Card

I'm often reminded that "Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy" (Matthew 5:7). I have called on my "mercy card" a number of times over the years-during times I've blown it and have reminded the Lord of the occasions I chose to be merciful instead of merciless when someone did something hurtful to me.

I have drawn on my "mercy account" when there was no excuse for me whatsoever. I should have been creamed, excoriated, vilified, and fried, but I called on His mercy - reminding Him that I was merciful in the past to an employee, worker, waiter, company, friend, when I had every *right* to keep a mad-on for a good long time...and punish them.

I have said out of my mouth, "Lord, You said that ‘he who is merciful shall obtain mercy.' I was merciful in that situation that hurt me and made me mad. I forgave that employee." (I'm thinking of one bit of nastiness in particular from several years ago when an employee at a copy shop was very rude to me. There was NO excuse in the natural for him and what he did and said to me. I wanted to report him to his employer, but the Lord prompted me to allow that measure of grace, that margin of error, that mercy. It was not an easy thing to do, but He knew more about this young man than I did.)

About a year later I needed to have mercy extended to me for something stupid and hurtful I did. The Lord reminded me of the incident when I showed His mercy to that copy shop employee. I had stored up some mercy by being merciful to that man. And I drew on my *mercy card.* Whew.

By DOING the Word when it was not convenient, I was able to call on the blessing, grace and mercy of God's Word when I needed it.

3. Give the Word First Place in Your Life

Don't "Yeah, but" when following God's ways are not convenient. For example, if things are tight financially, you may not want to tithe to your church, even though you know in God's Word it is important you do so (Malachi 3:10-11)-and your obedience indeed "opens the windows of heaven" for you and God Himself promises to "rebuke the devourer for your sake."

If you say, "I don't care what circumstances may say; I'm going to do what the Bible says," you are giving God's Word first place in your life. You will be blessed and prosper.

You are thinking along the lines of God's thoughts-the Mind of Christ.

4. Obey Instantly

The more you saturate your mind and heart with the Word of God by meditating on it, speaking it aloud (which would also include speaking the Word in your PraiseMoves workout!) and doing what the Bible says to do, you will become more and more sensitive to the voice of the Lord in your spirit.

God is Spirit (John 4:24), so He communicates with us through the Holy Spirit within our recreated human spirit. He is not a mind, so He does not communicate with our head, nor does He communicate with the feelings of our flesh (even though we may get "Holy Ghost goose bumps" from time to time, or sense the Presence of the Lord - we cannot rely on these sensations apart from the Word and the Way the Lord communicates to us within our spirit, who we truly are).

In fact, if we rely on the physical and mental realms, we can be easily deceived. This is part of the problem with New Age and yoga teachings which rely on spiritual, mental and metaphysical teachings apart from the Bible. The enemy (satan, whom Paul calls "the prince of the power of the air" in Ephesians 2:2), operates in this psychic realm and has deceived many (as I was for 22 years in the New Age and yoga - ages 7 to 29).

One of the first ways we recognize the leading of our spirit is what some call a "check" in their spirit-like a stop sign warning us to not go a certain way or say a certain thing. Some may call it a "gut reaction" or "something inside told me not to go" - or - "it just didn't sit right with my conscience."

We all have a conscience (even non-believers). But once you become a born-again child of God, He gives you a new spirit with the Holy Spirit on the inside of your recreated human spirit.

As you develop your spiritual nature by meditating on the Word, doing the Word and giving the Word first place in your life, you will become more and more sensitive to the fine, precious, still, small voice of the awesomely wonderful, loving, powerful and sensitive Holy Spirit of God.

Not sure if you're hearing from God?

Remember that during this time of fasting, you will be more sensitive to the Lord's leading and voice. However, I like to say "When in doubt, don't." If you are experiencing doubt, unsurety or uncertainty about a direction to go, stop. Don't go until you have a peace on the inside of your spirit about it. Pray and ask the Lord. See if there is scripture to line up with the situation.

Once you have that peace (what my husband Paul calls "the warm velvet feeling") on the inside of your spirit, proceed in faith, praising God that He is leading and guiding you. He will not let you fail.

You HAVE the Mind of Christ! Now, LET this Mind be in you!

JCTVCBN
by Group Owner on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:38 AM

21 Days of Fasting - Illumination from God Tuesday 15 January 2013 | 11:26 pm | Laurette Willis

DAY TEN: "Is this not the fast that I have chosen...
Then your light shall break forth like the morning, Your healing shall spring forth speedily..."(Isaiah 58:6 & 8).

We learned that there are rewards associated with fasting - "and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly" (Matthew 6:17-19).

"Then your light shall break forth as the morning!"

Light is often associated with revelation, inspiration and understanding (as in: the "light" suddenly came on!).

You will receive greater revelation during your fast. Have you ever been reading your Bible and all of a sudden something dawns on you? That's revelation. The Bible can come alive to you in a new way as never before.

"The spirit of a man is the lamp (candle) of the Lord,
Searching all the inner depths of his heart" (Proverbs 20:27).

Since your spirit is the lamp (or "candle," KJV) of the Lord, we may say that the Lord Himself provides the flame, the light which fulfills the candle's purpose. Without the Lord to give us light, we may be the most beautiful "candle" on the shelf, but useless for the purpose of lighting anyone's way, much less our own.

Light our Candle, Lord! Be Open to Extraordinary Ideas from God.

Ordinary people like you and me can receive extraordinary revelations from God. He uses ordinary people - with recreated spirits made in the image of God and housed in "jars of clay." God can give you an idea during your fast that will catapult your life to the next level - an idea for ministry, for business, for solving a seemingly impossible situation with your family or finances.

Martin Luther translated the Bible from Hebrew and Greek to German, and it is said he prayed and fasted over everything he translated. The work he fasted and prayed over has lived on long after he moved to heaven. Luther's translation is still being used by German people today, and is considered one of the most accurate and of highest quality.

What comes to us during our fast can have lasting significance.

I received a phenomenal revelation today as I meditated on a portion of scripture. So profound, and yet so very simple! I believe the Lord gave me an idea about PraiseMoves, and I will continue to meditate on it and seek the Lord. Suddenly a new light shone on a portion of scripture I'd been meditating on. I see something in it I'd never seen before, and it has me thinking!

Did you write down the reasons you are fasting?

Take out what you had written down, and ask the Lord to give you revelation, to shine His light on your list. He's certainly not holding wisdom FROM you-He's been holding wisdom FOR you, waiting on you to ask Him in faith.

If you forgot to write down the reasons you are fasting - you can do that now. For a refresher on this, please see "How & Why" of Fasting.

Whenever I would like wisdom from God, I ask Him for it, and receive that wisdom by following the steps from two powerful scriptures: James 1:5-7 and Mark 11:24. If you will ask and receive in line with these two steps, I believe you will receive from God, too.

Here are the two steps to receive wisdom from God:

1. "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him, but let him ask in faith, with no doubting..." (James 1:5-6).

Ask the Lord for wisdom on a decision, for guidance and direction, citing this scripture (it is one of His promises to you!).

2. "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive (‘take' in Greek) them, and you will have them" (Mark 11:24).

Receive in faith (the most powerful force in all the universe is faith!). Receive (take) and you shall have. I *see* it as if I'm receiving something from God into my "spirit man" (the real me) - reaching out and receiving with my hands of faith. As we've said before, it does not matter that your head or feelings do not line up yet with what you have received on the finer level of your recreated spiritual nature.

Seeing is NOT Believing

"Seeing is believing" is a ridiculous statement. SEEING is not believing. Seeing is simply seeing. It requires no belief ("faith-in-action") whatsoever. What you see with the physical senses has already been made manifest. Believing has no part of that.

Remember, since God is Spirit (John 4:4), everything you receive from Him is received in your spirit FIRST. As you continue to thank Him, praise, and walk it out by faith ("the substance of things hoped for" Hebrews 11:1), you WILL have them.

"Light BE!!!"

We follow our Father's example. "Then God said, "Let there be light (in the Hebrew: ‘Light BE!')"; and there was light" (Genesis 1:3).

God did not look upon the darkness and give the report of the darkness and its aching void. If He did, He would have said, "It sure is dark out there." That would have been the end of it for us! It would have been dark to this day-and you and I never would have been!

NO!!! God doesn't "tell it like it is" based on circumstances or what senses may say. God "tells it like it is" according to His Word! "God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did" (Romans 4:17).

Like the song says, "Whose report do you believe? I believe the report of the Lord!" You are your Heavenly Father's child. Tell it like it is - from HIS perspective.

Let there be light. "I see it, Lord! I see! Thank You, Father!!! I see the light!"...and there was light.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)