Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

***N:The 6 MOST Powerful Essential Oils for Your Health and Home***

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

http://thepaleomama.com/2013/11/powerful-essential-oils/

The 6 MOST Powerful Essential Oils for Your Health and Home

Want to learn more about essential oils, but not sure how to start? Try my FREE Essential Oil QuickStart guide and get 10 days of lessons delivered to your email inbox for 10 days.  (order here) ...no strings attached!

powerfuloils
Five years ago I was overweight, popping pills for any and every kind of affliction, eating 80% processed foods, and thinking that this was how it was supposed to be. It wasn't until the birth of my first child that I started to question all the things we were putting in our bodies. This is when my real food, natural living, and holistic healthcare started...and I haven't looked back.

Essential oils came into the picture shortly after I made the transformation to natural living. Five years later, I am a essential oil freak! I love oils for anything and everything. It still amazes me where I have come from. I used to take a prescribed medication for my stomach issues, not fully realizing the ramifications and side effects from using this drug. Now, I use peppermint oil or DigestZen to control my symptoms. I've traded in over-the counter, topical creams for Lavender essential oil to support healthy skin. I buy ZERO toxic cleaners for my house now...instead I use essential oils to make homemade cleaners.

Where do I start? What oils are best to start with?

You may be asking this very question. Let me help you. These 6 essential oils are my favorite and the most useful in your home. These six oils can help almost any ailment! If you wanted to know where to start...THIS IS IT!

1. Lavender - All Things Calming

Calming-Lavendar-Scrub-3

If you could only afford ONE essential oil to stock your medicine cabinet with, I would recommend Lavender. You can use it hundreds of ways:

2. Lemon - Clean and Freshen

_MG_8036

• DIY: Liquid Dish Detergent by Simple Words blog
  • Detox
  • Aids in Concentration
  • Freshen Laundry - add 3-5 drops to your wash cycle for a non-toxic way to freshen your clothes or towels.
  • Soothe a sore throat - add a couple drops to hot tea and honey.
  • Eases congestion
  • Safe for household cleaning - add it to spray bottles. Mix 1 cup of vinegar, 10 drops of lemon, and 2-4 cups of water in a spray bottle for a powerful, all-purpose cleaning spray
  • Stainless Steel Cleaner - mix 5 drops with olive oil and de-smudge your kitchen appliances
  • Disinfect Your Cutting Board - rub a few drops to clean cutting boards

3. Peppermint - Cool and Invigorate

Cooling-Peppermint-Toner

• Soothing Upset Tummy - rub one drop of peppermint oil on your stomach to calm indigestion.
  • Homemade Personal Lubricant by Yours Truly!
  • Cooling Peppermint Toner by Homemade Mommy blog
  • Freshen Breath - add one drop to your tongue and swish it around get a clean feeling.
  • Peppermint Soft Scrub by Five Little Homesteaders blog
  • DIY Peppermint Muscle Balm by Real Fit Mama blog
  • Homemade Toothpaste by Hollywood Homestead blog
  • Expectorant for colds, cough, sinusitis, asthma, and bronchitis. Diffuse peppermint, apply topically to chest, or add to a humidifier to relieve congestion.
  • Peppermint Whipped Body Butter by Thank Your Body blog
  • Headache Relief - add a few drops of peppermint to your temples, sinuses and neck
  • Flouride-Free Toothpaste by Life from the Ground Up blog
  • Perk Up - breath in directly to wake yourself up. For kids, place a little on their tongue or under their nose to improve concentration
  • Toothache Pain - apply a drop of peppermint oil to teething pain or gums

4. Melaleuca (Tea Tree) - First Aid for the Skin

Healing-Salve

There are so many wonderful uses to Melaleuca. Check out this article by Yogi Mami on over 40 uses for Melaleuca! And here's a few more...

5. Oregano - Natural Immune Support

mouthwash

Read THIS article on all the uses for Oregano oil! It's important to mention that Oregano can cause skin irritation when using topically. Best to dilute 1 drop essential oil to 3 drops carrier oil. Here's a few more ways to use Oregano...

• Canker Sores
  • Candida
  • Carpal Tunnel - massage into hands, wrists and forearms.
  • Fungal Infections
  • Immune Stimulant
  • Inflammation
  • Intestinal Parasites
  • Muscle Aches
  • Ringworm
  • Warts
  • DIY Mouthwash Recipe

6. On Guard Protective Blend - Natural Defense

Immune-Boosting-Bath

Combinations: 

Lavender & Melaleuca for Allergy Relief

Lavender & Melaleuca for Allergy Relief

Step it Up a Notch

7. Frankincense - the most precious of essential oils in the ancient world. It's a powerful addition to your medicine cabinet.

• Clean & dress minor cuts and sores
  • Mood lifter
  • Supports immune function
  • Stress Reliever

8. Deep Blue Soothing Blend - a blend of wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, blue tansy, blue chamomile, helichrysum, and osmanthus.

• Aids in muscle and joint support
  • Soothes tired muscles after exercise
  • Can be used with a carrier oil for a deep tissue massage

9. Breathe Respiratory Blend - a blend of Laurel, peppermint, eucalyptus, melaleuca, lemon, and ravensara

• Aids in Respiratory Support
  • Helps to clear the lungs and sinuses
  • When added to a diffuser it aids in a more restful sleep

10. DigestZen Digestive Blend - a blend of ginger, peppermint, caraway, coriander, anise, tarragon and fennel

• helps alleviate the symptoms of constipation and diarrhea
  • nausea
  • heartburn / indigestion
  • motion sickness

Where to Buy Essential Oils: 

You can CLICK HERE to learn more the Essential Oils I use and trust for my family. I trust these oils to use internally for medicinal purposes, as well. These 10 oils are part of the "Home Essentials Kit" which is an essential to every home! Details on how to purchase this kit at a huge discount  are here

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)