Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

---ML-Why Armpit Detox?---

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:13 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 317 Total Views

Why Armpit Detox?

Why detox your armpits at all?  Why not just keep using regular deodorant and avoid the whole problem?  well.... i found this amazing information in this cool web site.

Convetional deodorants anti-perspirants contain a variety of chemicals and additives.  it takes something un-natural to block the body's natural ability to sweat, and the chemical list in some deodorants is impressive:

* ALUMINUM- some evidence links aluminum to cancer nd alzhemer's disease.

* PHTHALATES- Endocrine disfruptors often also found in plastic that can cause hormone imbalance and even infertility ( especially in med )

* PROPYLENE GLYCOL-common namr: antifreeze.  It is a hotly debate additive in personal care products but the enviromental working group reports that it carries a moderate risk of immunotoxicity and allergies.

* FORMALDEHYDE-a known carcinigen... guess it kills the germs though.

*PARABENS-another hormone disfruptor and parabens have been found in biopsed tissue with breast cancer.

* ANTIBACTERIAL SUBSTANCES-they are endocrine disfrptors and can negatively affect the inmune system.

Why is this a big deal? Ever goten sick and had a lump in your neck or armpit? That is a lymph node and they are a major part of your inmune system.  Putting endocrine disruption chemicals direclty on top of them is a great way to screw up your hormones and suppress inmune function.

A great adbantage to doing an armpit detox, besides that it helps speed up the natural deodorant adjustment period, is thad it might help pull some of thes chemicals out of the skin and tissue of the armpits. This can be especially helpful after years of conventional deodorant use.

A natural way to detox the armpits to remove odor, speed up the adjustment to natural deodorant and help remove chemical build-up in armpit skind and tissue.

by wellness mama.

- 1-2 TEASPOONS OF WATER (to get right consistency)

1.Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl (do not use metal) with a wooden or non-metal spoon until about the consistency of sour cream.

2.Spread in an even layer over the armpits and allow to sit for 5-20 minutes.  I suggest starting slowly and working up to a longer period of time once you see how your body adjust.  If it hurts at all, remove inmediately.

3.This may cause some redness as it will increase blood -flow to the area, but it will go away quickly.

4.Wash off in the shower or with a warm, wet washcloth.

5.Repeat daily or as needed until under-arm odor goes away and natural deodorant is not irritating.

I've found that i dont even need the baking sod in my natural deodorant afer doing this.

* nobody who tried noticed a rash when using it, and all noticed less odor, even without wearing any deo afterward .. all but one person said they noticed less sweat, and everyone said they would recommend it to a friend.

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)