Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slow Food USA

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 261 Total Views

Poll

Question: What does your family eat most often?

Options:

organic

locally grown

organic & locally grown when possible

processed/packaged at home

fast food

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Hi all,

If your in this group you much care about the food your feeding to your families.  Me too.  I have found a wonderful website,www. SlowFoodUSA.org, a non-profit organization who is dedicated to educating, improving school lunch programs & changing the way our food is grown, produced and sold in this country.  You can become a member to support the cause, get involved with your local government, or just sign up for their FREE newsletter and get informed.

Soggy tater tots. Mystery meat. Fast-food pizza and refined sugar.

This is the reality of our children's school lunches and it is time for some serious change.

On September 7th, people in all 50 states came together at nearly 300 "Eat-ins" to show their support for real food in schools. With the National Day of Action on Labor Day,
we helped grow our movement and force our legislators to take notice.

Here's why we need your support right now. Slow Food USA is working to directly impact national and local food policies. From the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act to the Farm Bill, we will be building alliances, bringing in key industry experts and heading to Washington to demand change.

September 7th (Labor Day) was thefirst National Day of Action marking the beginning of these efforts. With your help, we can turn the power generated by thousands of people attending hundreds of Eat-ins into a movement that makes real impact on America's food policy.
Will you help us grow the movement by becoming a member today?

Yoga with Dawn   Mind~Body~Spirit

Dawn Harris, RYT 200

Cedar Hill, Midlothian, Waxahachie, TX

www.yogawithdawn.com

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:19 PM
Replies (1-1):
Karma719
by Group Owner on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM

While I appreciate your message so I won't delete it, this group does NOT allow advertising.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)