Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My welcome mat got stolen..(UPDATE)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 416 Total Views

I kid you not.  I got home from getting food at Wal-mart and was really excited because I came under budget.  Well, when I looked down I noticed that I was looking at......nothing! where the hell is my mat??  Aparently someone thought it would be funny or something to take my pretty, brand-new welcome mat, that my son helped me pick out...  Isn't that crazy?  I mean damn, if you want cute things then get off your lazy ass and go get a job!  I bet you women a million to one is was some druggie asshole...uggg.  I know it's just a welcome mat, but it was something that was mine and I payed money for.  I didn't do all that just so someone could steal it.. :(

Well the few days after my mat went missing I keept going to my neighbors to ask if they had seen it and to warn them that we had a theif.   A few weeks after that, I get a phone call from my apartment manager telling me that they had found a mat and it might be mine.  Sure enough it was!  yea, so I have my mat back.  I kept it inside because I think my upstairs neighbors might have taken it, well, they moved out, so I put it back outside and what do you know?? IT STAYED...lol.  I'm so happy to have our property back.  :)  Makes ya smile, you know?

in lovetoddler boytoddler boyexpecting boy  its a boy pregnant bellyI love my little family.They are my world.  :) 

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
delmarnative
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I am so sorry for your news.   Maybe you need to leave a note at the front door in case they return while you are out and think they can break in next.  Let them know that there is a new sheriff in town and they are being watched by a hidden camera and that next time they will not get away with it.   Again, I am sorry this happened to you.   

MommyTurtle1985
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 6:30 AM

Oh no. Im sorry but that made me laugh out loud! I could just hear you reaction too! It was probably some kids or teenagers thinking its funny. I have mat too from Walmart and it says welcome on it.  When you get a new one you should get a permenent marker and write UN welcome LOL ...........leave a little not under the mat that says " if you steal my mat i'll cut your hands off" LOL IM sorry if thats mean but ridiculous too. Just cant have anything nice! My pumkins got smashed on Halloween. I hate that

shell1m
by Group Owner on Nov. 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM

yea the new one I buy I'm going to put liquid cement under it so they will NOT be able to pick it up....LOL.

shell1m
by Group Owner on Jan. 19, 2010 at 7:43 AM

bump! with good news!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)