• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New just introducing myself!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:19 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 250 Total Views

Hi everyone,

We just got our first pcs orders to kirtland afb after being at barksdale for 4 years. We have two kids and I have stayed at home while working on my early childhood degree. I recently started a online business making my bows, tutus, t shirts, dresses, and anything that i put mymind too. Im crafty and I can not sit still. I have to be doing something at all times.  I have a hard time finding a job that canpay for my childcare or finding people i trust with my children. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions for me.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DavisMom161008
by Group Admin on Aug. 9, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Welcome!!!

I was at Barksdale for 2 yrs before hubby got an ALO slot. I understand the childcare issue. I remember when we put my sonin daycare the first time a few months before his 1st birthday and I went back a few times that day to check on him. I worried for weeks and everytime he didn't want to let go of me at the daycare I would worry, but he loves it.

Glad to see I'm not the only busy buddy. I am working on my RN degree right now. Good luck to you on your childhood degree.

Again, Welcome to the group. Feel free to post on anything you feel like.

Mommy to a sweet, lovable little boy!!!!

Join me in the Air Force Wives Page to share info, ideas, and meet other Air Force Wives.

www.cafemom.com/group/airforce-wives

GoodyTutuShoes
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Hes adorable. I know i think all of us have the same issues. LOL. I have to stay busy. I can not stand to be bored. LOL Good luck to you and thank you for that info. I know he will love going if he gets the chance to do part day enrichment this year im going to put him in it. It will be good for him and it will give me time to observe for my degree.

DavisMom161008
by Group Admin on Aug. 11, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Thanks. I believe we do as well, it's just a matter of how you deal with them. I mean, we can get stationed anywhere, it is up to us to make it good or bad (for an example). I think kids also enjoy the daycare because it allows them to interact with people other then family. We attended our first birthday party last weekend for one of my son's classmates, it was kind of weird since they are so young, but also fun to meet other moms with kids my son's age.

I am glad that it will give you sometime to concentrate on your degree. I know that being a Mommy is the most rewarding job, but sometimes I look for something different, which is one reason why I am in school. That and you practically have to be a two income family to survive anymore:)

Good luck and feel free to vent on here if you every need.

Mommy to a sweet, lovable little boy!!!!

Join me in the Air Force Wives Page to share info, ideas, and meet other Air Force Wives.

www.cafemom.com/group/airforce-wives

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)