Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baking

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM
  • 9 Replies

Can you bake? Do you like to bake? If so, what do you like to make.

I am a big baker. I love to make desserts: pies, cakes, brownies. My MIL calls me the cupcake queen b/c that's what I really love to make! I try to make them on the big holidays with a theme. I also bake bread.

Eyeball cupcakes for Halloween this year:

Rainbow cakes for my son's third birthday:

I can't find anymore right now as I am on the new computer and all the pictures are on the old computer :(

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Habibti812
by Joni on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I looooove baking!!!

Mostly arabic sweets like baklawa, kanafa.. I like making aatayif- that is my absolute FAVORITE. I like doing pastries too- and a big fan of cookies! Not so much into cakes and things- but I always wanted to try fonduant and decorating a cake with it!

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I love to bake brownies, chocolate chips cookies, chocolate cake, sugar cookies and peanut butter cookies with hersey kisses in the middle.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I have an easy recipe for baklava that I use. I don't think I could ever make it from scratch!

Quoting Habibti812:

I looooove baking!!!

Mostly arabic sweets like baklawa, kanafa.. I like making aatayif- that is my absolute FAVORITE. I like doing pastries too- and a big fan of cookies! Not so much into cakes and things- but I always wanted to try fonduant and decorating a cake with it!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

ARmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I love to bake!  I'm not super creative, but I love trying new recipes, especially cookie recipes for the Holidays.
I give all of our neighbors and the kid's teachers an assortment of homemade cookies in a cookie tin every year for the Holidays.

My dh thinks I'm nuts at Christmas time because I am baking every day.  LOL

amy2.png picture by emjay1030

Habibti812
by Joni on Nov. 17, 2009 at 6:30 AM

I learned when I was so small to do allt hese things from scratch- it's the only thing I know! Plus I love the kitchen being filled with women and chatting it up while we go! It's the best part of baking and cooking for me!

Quoting bhwrn1:

I have an easy recipe for baklava that I use. I don't think I could ever make it from scratch!

Quoting Habibti812:

I looooove baking!!!

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

elicadabal07
by Elli on Nov. 17, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I absolutely LOVE baking!  Pastries, cakes, cupcakes, cookies..... you name it I love to make it!  I especially love to make deserts from Spain and my famous S'more cupcakes!   My family calls me betty crocker for that reason.  I just hate to do dishes afterwards.  I truly make a mess when cooking or baking!  

ceciliam
by Lynn on Nov. 17, 2009 at 4:36 PM

I love to bake! I make pies, cakes, breads and lately, my husband and I spend Sunday evenings coming up with yummy protein enriched cookies!

lvaughn26
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I looooove baking. I mostly do cakes, pies, and bread. I still have a really hard time w/cookies. Maybe someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. It seems like my batter is always too runny. I am I over beating or just using too much liquid?

CafeMom Tickers
Habibti812
by Joni on Nov. 17, 2009 at 7:20 PM

The Elmo cake is so cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)