Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

cut your own tree??

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM
  • 16 Replies

Anyone here cut their own christmas tree????  It's our dd second christmas and would like to make a family tradition of cutting a tree.  We just don't know where to go.  Anyone in north Jersey that could let me know of a nice tree farm to go to? 

Thanks!

by on Dec. 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 3, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I live in Vernon NJ and there are a few cut your own farms right here in town... My Dad always used to take us to cut our own fresh tree! It was the best.. We have a fake tree though lol

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 3, 2009 at 5:13 PM

Where do you live? 

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 3, 2009 at 7:25 PM

We have been cutting our own tree for years. We go out west to our cousin's house in Pittstown. There are quite a few places out that way. Not sure of the names, though. Here's a link I found for some places. Not sure where in Northern NJ you are:

Christmas Trees

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

TyMaddiBrismom
by New Member on Dec. 4, 2009 at 8:28 AM

We have been going to Wykoff's Tree Farm in Belevidere, NJ for years.  We used to live almost 2 hours away and we still went there to cut our tree down.  Here is their website:  http://www.wyckoffs.com/

Good Luck finding the perfect tree for you and your family!!!

meegs23
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 8:41 AM

We cut ours down every year. We go to a place in Green Village (which is near Morristown, Harding, Madison.)  My parents go in Vernon.

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

kbpegasus
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I live in Cookstown, near New Egypt.  There is a great couple of places around there to cut your own trees.  We have been utting our own tree donw for about 14 years.  Tom is 71 and I am  64.

mommacatof3
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Sorry I'm in South Jersey. If anyone in my area needs a tip on where to find a live tree,my inlaws go to a Christmas Tree Farm in Hammonton NJ. I'm allergic to pine and will be putting up an artificial one.

christmas tree

mhmomma
by Becky on Dec. 4, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Frazier firs are good for people with allergies.  If you want a real try you might want to try one.

Quoting mommacatof3:

Sorry I'm in South Jersey. If anyone in my area needs a tip on where to find a live tree,my inlaws go to a Christmas Tree Farm in Hammonton NJ. I'm allergic to pine and will be putting up an artificial one.

christmas tree

elicadabal07
by Elli on Dec. 4, 2009 at 3:15 PM

Thanks everyone!  In in bergen county but don't mind going to warren county or morris.  We've always had real trees in my house but have never cut one ourselves.   I've always wanted to do it too!

ThinkPink23
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM

This is a TRUE story!!

When my hubby and i first started dating...(our first Christmas together) he INSISTED that we go get a REAL tree...i had never had one before so after much debate i went ahead and agreed....we went to a local christmas tree farm and selected a pretty large one chopped it down and went home to decorate it. We got it home decorated and it was SOO cute!! i loved it! christmas eve night we went to my parent's house to have dinner etc..later that night we headed home...when we turned on the lights in our house all we could see on the wall behind our tree was something MOVING....the wall was COVERED with something...as we got closer (we meaning my hubby...b/c i thought they were spiders...) he discovered they were PRAYING MANTIS'...OH YEAH...LMAO..the whole wall and part of the rug was CRAWLING with baby praying mantis!!!! i guess where we kept the house fairly warm it incubated the nest and they decided that christmas eve was the appropiate time to hatch!! it took us FOREVER to get them all out of the house..we took the entire tree (ornaments and all on the front lawn....) it was horrible!! (not to mention i was like 1-2 months pregnant...) so needless to say I will stick with my FAKE TREE...that night will forever be known as the PRAYING MANTIS incident...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)