• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOTD 12/14: Traffic

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:32 AM
  • 17 Replies

What is traffic like where you live? Is it worse b/c it's the holiday season?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 14, 2009 at 7:34 AM

It's so rural up here that we really don't get much traffic. The most we see is during ski season wtih the ski resorts- but even that isn't horrible. I say this since we moved from Clifton and there was ALWAYS traffic and it was always terrible! It was one of my biggest gripes about living down there!

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

meegs23
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Horrifying.  I live 5 minutes from Rt 80, 46, 23 and 10 min from the Parkway.  People drive like crackheads around here.  I miss Morris County :( People just don't seem as agressive

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Traffic by me sucks all year long, but is really bad during the holiday season. I live in Bergen Co and everything is closed on Sun. So, everyone goes out on Sat. And all the NYers come that day, too. We usually don't leave the house or go near the highway on Sat after about 11am. It's insanity!

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

mrsJLA
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Traffic isn't that bad where I am, but I drive past Philly everyday for work and that traffic is horrendous.

Join us on

The New Jersey Moms Group!
     NJ Moms Group Mod

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM

No it's about the same always a problem but with contrustion going on at the Marlton Circle it's just worst.

finallymomof3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM

traffic is horrible in LODI with all the work they are doing on RT46 i have to drop off my yougest to my sister its takes me 5min with no traffic and with traffic 15/20 min.. pulling out my hairs every morning from now on since she is my new sitter =(

Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I totally remember those days and can completely feel your pain! lol

Quoting meegs23:

Horrifying.  I live 5 minutes from Rt 80, 46, 23 and 10 min from the Parkway.  People drive like crackheads around here.  I miss Morris County :( People just don't seem as agressive

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:31 PM

When my husband and I first got married we lived right on 46 in Lodi for a year! I remember the traffic being AWFUL at times!

Quoting finallymomof3:

traffic is horrible in LODI with all the work they are doing on RT46 i have to drop off my yougest to my sister its takes me 5min with no traffic and with traffic 15/20 min.. pulling out my hairs every morning from now on since she is my new sitter =(

yolanda1983
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I live in Somerset County and my husband and I take Route 287 to work we both work in Morris County and the traffic is bad when the weather is bad cause friggin people will drive 80 MPH in the snow, rain and ice and there is always an accident. Typically we can make it to work in about 35 minutes one day last week it took us almost 2 hours. 

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 14, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Yup, we have the same crackheads here! LOL!

Quoting meegs23:

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)