• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell us about giving birth ...

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM
  • 5 Replies

Did you have a vag/c-section? Epi? How long were you in labor? Did your water break? What were you doing when labor started??

For me - all 3 were vag, no epi's, my first about 13 hrs, 2nd about 5 mins haha ... took me longer to check in then to pop him out, and my 3rd was a few hours. None of my waters broke. I was always at home lol. And delayed going to the hosp as long as I could haha.

And I am happy with the way they all turned out .. except that each one something bad happened to ME lol. 1st - I had blood shots pop in my face and IN my eyes .. didn't look pretty. 2nd they couldn't stop the bleeding, I got fevers and couldn't hold the baby for a few days, and 3rd ... I was very sick with him. I couldn't see for weeks and ended up with a brain *un* balance lol. My family calls him Stewey cause of that haha he was out to get me.

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
meegs23
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM

Did you have a vag/c-section? Vaginal both times

Epi? Oh hell yeah

How long were you in labor? Over 12 hours both. Pushed for 4 hours 1st time 2.5hrs the 2nd

Did your water break? First- yes in the hospital 2nd- Dr broke it

What were you doing when labor started??  Sleeping- but I still had to be induced.  Second- Labor started after a pitocin drip.  I was induced late both times

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

melliesmom1207
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:20 AM

At 37 weeks I went for a check up and my bp spiked (diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension at 10 weeks) and they wanted me to go to the hospital for observation and blood work. They kept me for 24 hours over night and the next morning they decided to induce because my blood work was not good and my blood pressure was still very high and they were concerened about me and the baby. Later that day they started the induction. Going on day 2 after trying Cervadil and P-gel, they started Pitocin. After being on the Pit all day and my labor progressing very slow and painful they broke my water to help move things along. After that we decided I needed to get some sleep so I got the epidural and all was right with the world for a few hours. It really helped me relax enough to dialate so going on day 3 I was finally ready to push. I started pushing, but my dd's heartrate started dropping and it would not go back up so they called for an emergency c-section and while prepping me dd's heartrate when back up and I begged for them to let me do it myself and they did since her heart rate was stablized. I guess I was in labor all total over 24 hours.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM

With my first, I went in labor on my own. I noticed it afer a whole day of baking goodies to take to DH's aunt's house for Christmas Eve. I was laying on the couch reading a book and realized I was cramping. My water did not break. I was actually in labor for two days before contractions came. I was in active labor for about 16 hours, 12 of which werr pretty much spent in bed b/c I was pre-eclamptic and my BP was super high. I was on meds to preven seizures. I got an epidural after I reached 4cm b/c I have no pain tolerance. After 8 hours my OB checked me and I was 8cm, then he checked me 4hrs later and I was still 8cm! I was on Pitocin and he had broken my water. There was meconium in the fluid. He said I could continue to labor but after being on my left side for so long (it was numb!), I opted for a c-section. The experience was terrible and they had to knock me out!

With my second son, I went in for a routine check at 38 weeks and my BP was a little high. So doc sent me for labwork and it came back fine. But he put me out of work and told me to come back in 2 days for more lab work. I did, and it showed I was pre-eclamptic, so off to the OR I went. They didn't want to induce b/c of my previous history of such high BP and extreme swelling. I was upset b/c I really wanted a VBAC. My operating experience was much better this time around (doc said b/c I didn't labor).

With my third, I was scheduled for a c-section at 39 weeks 1 day and my water broke at 38 weeks. I was sleeping and got up to pee. I had bloody show and went back to bed and told DH that I thought we were going to have a baby that day. As soon as I layed down, I felt pressure and knew my water was going to break so I stood up and ran back to the bathroom so I wouldn't get it on the rug or bed! LOL! I labored for about 2 hours (the contractions were right on top of each other, but I wasn't dialating) before they got me to the OR. This OR experience was also good and I actually got to BF my LO in the recovery room (which I had never had happen before).

With my last two pregnancies I also had GD. No pre-eclampsia with the third, though, thank goodness!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

ceciliam
by Lynn on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:02 AM

I went to the hospital at 41 1/2 weeks to be induced. While waiting to be induced my water broke. My plan was to go completely natural and I went 18 hours with no type of drugs, only to have a c-section in the end. I just would not dilate past 4 cm.

So, all my worst fears were realized. I had to have the epidural and I had to have a c-section. However, in the end it was all really no big deal. I was up and moving around the next day and really recovered pretty quickly. The worst part for me was having to spend extra time in the hospital. The most important was that Brayden was born healthy.

mrsJLA
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:40 AM

My doctor gave me the option to induce or c-section since DD was floating almost transverse and would not drop (or stay that way when she did start to come down). I was having dizzy spells and was in so much pain from being so big, I told them cut "it" out (didn't know the sex). The night before I guessed it would be a 9lb girl - I was close 9lbs 3oz!

The spinal was strange. After I got some oxygen to breathe I felt like I was high, floating on air. I didn't feel anything, and had absolutely no problem with recovery minus slight naseau from the spinal and pain meds they put in my IV. I was up and walking around the next day. They said I had a speedy recovery b/c I was in good physical shape. The boob engorgement was worse. The scariest part was waiting to get prepped for surgery that I would be awake for. I may get bashed but I am glad I had the C/S.

Join us on

The New Jersey Moms Group!
     NJ Moms Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)