Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bilingual Home?

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM
  • 2 Replies

Do you speak more than one language at home? Which ones?

We speak English and Arabic at home.

My daughter takes mandarin Chinese at school too. But She's obviously better with her first two langauges lol

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jazmin21
by Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Yes we do...We spoke both English and Spanish. It is very important to my husband and I for our girls to know Spanish b/c that is part of our culture and I don't want them to lose out on that part of being latina.

She will be taking Italian classes soon.

Habibti812
by Joni on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:35 PM

We feel the same way about our kids learning Arabic :-) Thankfully we have been succsessful with our daughter- she goes back and forth between the languages wtihout a problem.. my son isn't quite two so his speaking is limited lol but he definitely understands both very well.

Quoting jazmin21:

Yes we do...We spoke both English and Spanish. It is very important to my husband and I for our girls to know Spanish b/c that is part of our culture and I don't want them to lose out on that part of being latina.

She will be taking Italian classes soon.

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)